Raal Ribbon Headphones - SRH1A
Jan 20, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #7,381 of 7,847
I tried the 32 ohm input with the Ferrum OOR and I noticed evident clipping with the SR-1A
Hmm... the Ferrum OOR seems to be quite popular. Maybe I'm too sensitive, but it sounds too edgy/shouty with the speaker amp on the 16 Ohm input. Usually start there, then do the majority of listening on the 32 Ohm.

Jan 20, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #7,382 of 7,847
Hmm... the Ferrum OOR seems to be quite popular. Maybe I'm too sensitive, but it sounds too edgy/shouty with the speaker amp on the 16 Ohm input. Usually start there, then do the majority of listening on the 32 Ohm.
Depends which speakers amp your using and how comfortable it is running in 32 ohms. Most speakers amps are dailed to work their best at 4/8 ohms (sometimes 16 ohms). Therefore, it makes sense to use the 16 ohm input and not the 32 with most speaker amps.

Jan 20, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #7,383 of 7,847
I'm really walking the fine line here about the rules, and crossing them frequently, so I'll be quiet for another 10 days.
To my defense, if I unknowingly broke the forum rules, it was only about accurately informing the reader, not about blatant self-promotion.

I didn't think this discussion is going to happen, I just started preparing the FB Page, but then things exploded. I'm not complaining :), though, just saying it wasn't the plan to start abusing the rules here, as Jude and the crew here, were nothing but good and tolerant of me for years.

As hard as it is for me at this moment, it's time to start paying them back with some discipline on my part.
Well to be fair , this was all my fault, I thought it would've been quicker than doing a background check on Raal 1995 with Serbian authorities, lol. Feel free to blame me, I've been skipping rope with the line here for years as well :)

Jan 20, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #7,384 of 7,847
Jan 20, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #7,385 of 7,847
That 6moons article he hints the Immanis is gonna cost twice the SR1b. So we're looking at like $7k. That's a little steep, but managable. Still, I was hoping $4k to $6k. I guess we shall see...

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/raal-1995-magna-immanis/2/
I think Srajan is simply speculating at the price based on the cost of other high-end headphone entries, as opposed to hinting at it like he might know the final number. Seeing as how the cost of living in Serbia is around 50% of what it is here in the states....parts, labor wages, and R&D would be significantly less costly than a competing product designed and built here, as well as quite a few other countries. Of course there are other factors in play...especially in the high-end audio world, where products are often priced based on what the market would likely bear.

That said....I hope the final number doesn't approach that $7k mark, as I've already got more than enough money in my rig than I'm comfortable with, and would probably pass....at least on a new pair anyway. If that's the case, I'm completely fine with my SR-1a's being my sole headphones for critical listening. At this point I only listen to the Susvara's when sourcing new music from Qobuz/Roon. The RAAL's are just that much better for me, and have no issue keeping it that way in the future.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #7,386 of 7,847
I think Srajan is simply speculating at the price based on the cost of other high-end headphone entries, as opposed to hinting at it like he might know the final number. Seeing as how the cost of living in Serbia is around 50% of what it is here in the states....parts, labor wages, and R&D would be significantly less costly than a competing product designed and built here, as well as quite a few other countries. Of course there are other factors in play...especially in the high-end audio world, where products are often priced based on what the market would likely bear.
Maybe, but it was interesting that he put it out there like that. I guess we'll know in February. :thinking:

Right now, I'm expecting double the Sr1b. I hope it's less, but I'm expecting $7k. I think it would be a mistake to price it at that level, but if it is really substantially better than the SR or CA, it might be warranted. I think it was an interesting choice to paint it gold. That typically means higher prices, even though it's just a color. I'm hoping around $5k. I need to buy this Valkyria too, so s is adding up.

Jan 20, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #7,387 of 7,847
Also, 6moons has one of the worst designed websites I've ever encountered. It's hard to read, you can't copy and paste, it's just a piece of s. I have no idea why they designed it that way. It is painful to read. Somebody needs to fix that f-ing s asap. Just terrible

Edit: Mods, I'm trying to swear in a more acceptable way

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #7,388 of 7,847
Also, 6moons has one of the worst designed websites I've ever encountered. It's hard to read, you can't copy and paste, it's just a piece of s. I have no idea why they designed it that way. It is painful to read. Somebody needs to fix that f-ing s asap. Just terrible

Edit: Mods, I'm trying to swear in a more acceptable way
I've been perusing 6moons for many years now, so I guess you could say I'm used to the layout. But I can see why the look of the website could be perceived as something akin to mental gymnastics. It IS different.

If you haven't yet read a full-blown review of Srajan's, then you're REALLY in for a treat. Let's just say that he goes a LONG way around the barn before he finally gets to the grist. But again, I'm used to it...and actually welcome the different style over the usual hum-drum approach. That and he does have a very good ear....and goes into painstaking detail as to what he's hearing from the reviewed product.....eventually. hehe

Jan 20, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #7,389 of 7,847
I've been perusing 6moons for many years now, so I guess you could say I'm used to the layout. But I can see why the look of the website could be perceived as something akin to mental gymnastics. It IS different.

If you haven't yet read a full-blown review of Srajan's, then you're REALLY in for a treat. Let's just say that he goes a LONG way around the barn before he finally gets to the grist. But again, I'm used to it...and actually welcome the different style over the usual hum-drum approach. That and he does have a very good ear....and goes into painstaking detail as to what he's hearing from the reviewed product.....eventually. hehe
His jokes on the 1995 article were rather good.

Jan 20, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #7,390 of 7,847
One of the many appealing qualities of the SR1a/b and CA-1a is their relatively low price, compared to the competition. I'd prefer not to see a big jump in price just because other companies jack up their prices out of the false sense that expense equals quality. (It's a poorly-kept secret that the Susvara can be had for a good deal less than its sticker price.)

I'm sure Raal wouldn't do that, given their track record of offering excellent products for reasonable prices. Indeed, the CA-1a seems to be getting its proper recognition, now, as a totl headphone that can be had for much less than its competition. I'd like to see the new Raals continue to be disruptive - as wonderfully innovative headphones/earspeakers that offer something genuinely new, good, and meaningfully different and better than the competition - and thereby call out the bs elevated prices we see elsewhere.

Jan 20, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #7,391 of 7,847
If you're using Firefox, install the Tranquility Reader plugin. It may also work with Chrome, or there may be similar tools available.

Jan 20, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #7,392 of 7,847

I like the content, but the design is absolutely atrocious. It looks like something out of the 90s. I’m a UX researcher, so I study websites, and that s wouldn’t pass the first round of testing. It would fail immediately, but whatever, I guess the content is what matters in the end 🤷‍♂️

Jan 20, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #7,393 of 7,847
I'm sure Raal wouldn't do that, given their track record of offering excellent products for reasonable prices.
RAAL wouldn't.
That's why this is launching under RAAL 1995 :sweat_smile:

Just joking, I imagine they will price it appropriately. But whatever the case, we just have to wait another 12 days to find out.

Jan 20, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #7,394 of 7,847
Just joking, I imagine they will price it appropriately. But whatever the case, we just have to wait another 12 days to find out.
Did you see somewhere that more info will be released on Feb 1 (not just "February")? I'd love for it to be that soon, but I worry it be later next month.

Jan 20, 2024 at 6:37 PM Post #7,395 of 7,847
I like the content, but the design is absolutely atrocious. It looks like something out of the 90s. I’m a UX researcher, so I study websites, and that s wouldn’t pass the first round of testing. It would fail immediately, but whatever, I guess the content is what matters in the end 🤷‍♂️
I'm also not a fan of the layout. I find it interesting how closely he's watching this thread, though. Check out part 3, which reflects the amp discussion in this thread that's happened within the last 24 hours: https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/raal-1995-magna-immanis/3/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back