Questyle QP2R
Aug 3, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #586 of 1,225
I had the QP1R. I sold it to make way for new gear (a questionable decision in hindsight since I think it's a stellar DAP) The sound is similar to the QP2R, though thinking about it there may be a very slight bass boost to the QP1R vs the QP2R. The big difference is that the QP2R features balanced output (though at the expense of line-out, which I routinely used when I had the QP1R). Still the balanced out option, which gives me the ability to drive just about any headphone I would ever want to own, along with the "DSD Gain" setting, which is a real nice to have and works beautifully, makes the upgrade to QP2R worthwhile I think.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #587 of 1,225
I've the qp1. The bass is a little boosted compared to the rest of the frequency.

The mods and highs are perfect. And the sound is clean. Lots of power too.

Is qp1r and qp2r similar in sound?
I hadn't noticed that with QP1R. I use SE846 and Angies. Bass can be adjusted with Angies, but all in all, I found it pleasing.

Aug 3, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #588 of 1,225
I also have the T5P 2nd Gen and love the pairing with the QP2R. Does the BIAS set to high work better for you than the standard? Another great pairing is with the Campfire Audio Cascade via balanced; the QP2R brings out the best in that somewhat tricky headphone (it sounded completely "meh" w/the recently sold AK SP1000).
BIAS to high is better yes. I never tried the Campfire. AEONs need more power. The Audeze Sine is on my list for a test...

Aug 6, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #589 of 1,225
BIAS to high is better yes. I never tried the Campfire. AEONs need more power. The Audeze Sine is on my list for a test...
Yes, Aeons need more power than what QP2R can provide. Though its still able to drive aeons with most pop/rock recordings (especially if you listen at low lovels) It just runs out of juice when you play some high-dynamic range music like classical. I have Daft punk album that requires more volume to play at a level that I enjoy and I can gear distotion due to running out of power.

Aug 11, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #590 of 1,225
Hi. I posted this in the CA Andromeda thread. I share it with all of you:
I've been using CA Andromeda (balanced) with my new Questyle QP2R (I previously had a QP1R) for some days and the sound is awesome. With the standard 3.5 Litz cable the sound is just fantastic, slightly dark but very inviting and open enough; you can listen to it for hours. The balanced Litz cable in the Andromeda with QP2R opens the soundstage more maintaining a superb tone and rising the dynamic impact of the music. I use high bias in the QP2R. It competes well with my much more pricier desktop (I think it is even more enjoyable) and speaker system (see signature). Just Incredible. Best portable combo I've ever had

Aug 20, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #591 of 1,225
Aug 20, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #592 of 1,225
I'm also a huge fan of the new Questyle QP2R paired with my Campfire Vega's, just a dream. I have offered my AK380 to my wife :)

Aug 20, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #593 of 1,225
I'm also a huge fan of the new Questyle QP2R paired with my Campfire Vega's, just a dream. I have offered my AK380 to my wife :)
I've not tried the Vega with the QP2R, but a I enjoyed the Andromeda and the Atlas. The Atlas is pretty amazing. I preferred the QP2R sound to the Astell & Kern house sound in a show setting. I might have to contact a distributor for an at home comparison.

Aug 20, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #594 of 1,225
I've not tried the Vega with the QP2R, but a I enjoyed the Andromeda and the Atlas. The Atlas is pretty amazing. I preferred the QP2R sound to the Astell & Kern house sound in a show setting. I might have to contact a distributor for an at home comparison.
In your review you have tested with the HiFiMAN HE-1000. I have a HiFiMAN Ananda it sounds great via the balanced mode. For a closed can, the Beyerdynamic T5p2 is the beste option I found.

Aug 20, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #595 of 1,225

All the Campfire gear I got to try with the QP2R when I had the demo unit played very nicely with the Questyle "house sound". I think the two brands share a pretty good synergy.

intersetingly, was chatting to Dan from MrSpeakers at Canjam London a few weeks back and asked him what the best "one stop" DAP (i.e. no amp stacking required) he had heard with the Aeon Closed as I have a pair, and they are easy to drive, but difficult to drive well. Turns out he REALLY likes the QP2R.

Aug 22, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #596 of 1,225
Has anyone been able to extract the line level analogue output from a QP2R using just a USB C-to-stereo minijack (or dual RCA) adapter cable? I've been advised that it should be possible, and it would be a lot less expensive than buying an HB2.

Aug 22, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #597 of 1,225
Has anyone been able to extract the line level analogue output from a QP2R using just a USB C-to-stereo minijack (or dual RCA) adapter cable? I've been advised that it should be possible, and it would be a lot less expensive than buying an HB2.
I didn't know USB to analog cables exists but now I like to hear some experience too

Aug 22, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #598 of 1,225

If using USB to analog output there must be a dac in between. Something like apple lightning to mini jack but then with usb c.

Why not just just the 3.5mm output? Ik hook it up to my amp that way all the time. Sounds great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back