Questyle QP1
Jan 28, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #31 of 4,272
  .... both models have 2 micro USB slots

A very wise and useful feature, which will win customers (Fiio's X7 has only one microSD slot, which is its major shortcoming).

@Questyle:

I would prefer that the QP1 did not use an ALPS scrollwheel, ala Fiio X5, but I'm still watching it with interest, nonetheless.

Please ensure that the headphone output is very low impedance (less than 1 Ω), or you will lose many potential audiophile customers with low-impedance balanced armature CIEMs.

Is there any chance you can change the 3000mah battery and use a 3700mah battery instead, please?

http://1036267.en.makepolo.com/products/rechargeable-lipo-battery-3966125-3700mAh-3.7V-p40760678.html

Jan 28, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #32 of 4,272
  Any sorta window for release?

From the first page of this thread:

We are working very hard to have final production samples in time for you to see, hear and play with at CanJam SoCal 2015 in March and expect to start filling orders in the middle of April. 

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #33 of 4,272

.... both models have 2 micro USB slots

A very wise and useful feature, which will win customers (Fiio's X7 has only one microSD slot, which is its major shortcoming).

I totally agree on this! This is one of the main reasons why QP1(R) is on top of my shortlist at this moment.

Now we have to wait and see/hear how the SQ & UI of the QP1(R) will hold up to players like X7, Cayin N6, Sony ZX2 etc...

Jan 29, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #34 of 4,272
Thanks for that Mython, I swear I read both pages twice, funny how I missed that. Im currently looking to get me a portable source. Right now I'm thinking its down to between the X3II and this Q. Can't wait for them impressions.

Jan 29, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #35 of 4,272
I'm waiting to find out how the QP1R stacks up against the current favorite (N6).
I'm drawn by the two uSD slots, but is the DAP dependant on touchscreen or are there sufficient controls to use.  (My old pet peve).

Jan 29, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #36 of 4,272
  .... is the DAP dependant on touchscreen or are there sufficient controls to use.  (My old pet peve).

confused_face(1).gif

Just read the information on the first page:

I admit it isn't explicitly clear which button is used as 'Play', but it's quite clear that there are hardware controls that perform sufficient functionality that the screen need not be 100% compulsory for basic operations.

Jan 29, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #37 of 4,272
@Mython - you might take into account that UELong may not be able to see those feature in the picture. I have to agree there's no mentioning individual buttons, so if it's not too much trouble for

@Questyle, please put the physical controls in the overview. It looks to me the QP has less buttons than the X5.

Also, will the Pro have (true) balanced headphone/output?

Thanks

Jan 29, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #39 of 4,272
One thing I'd like to see on these DAPs with 2 microSD slots is the capability to show merged source navigation. 

I'd love to browse info from 2 sources on the same scroll like it was one big drive!! 
atsmile.gif

Jan 30, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #40 of 4,272
  One thing I'd like to see on these DAPs with 2 microSD slots is the capability to show merged source navigation. 

I'd love to browse info from 2 sources on the same one scroll like it was one big drive!! 
atsmile.gif

+1 on merging cards.  That would save me an unnecessary step.
And thanks for the info, guys...I'll just have to wait till Questile weighs in.
So far, it sounds like the upgrade DAP for me if I can use it with reasonable ease.  Two card slots is the big draw for me as I have two 128G cards on the way to being filled with lossless files.

Jan 31, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #41 of 4,272

@Questyle:

I would prefer that the QP1 did not use an ALPS scrollwheel, ala Fiio X5, but I'm still watching it with interest, nonetheless.

Please ensure that the headphone output is very low impedance (less than 1 Ω), or you will lose many potential audiophile customers with low-impedance balanced armature CIEMs.

Is there any chance you can change the 3000mah battery and use a 3700mah battery instead, please?

http://1036267.en.makepolo.com/products/rechargeable-lipo-battery-3966125-3700mAh-3.7V-p40760678.html

You do realise this is a current amplifier? Low input impedance, high output impedance. Bakoon, which uses the same type of amplification, has 2.5 MOhm output impedance on their HPA21. The vector of power delivery is a lot different in current amplifiers vs the typical voltage amplifiers.

Jan 31, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #42 of 4,272
You do realise this is a current amplifier? Low input impedance, high output impedance. Bakoon, which uses the same type of amplification, has 2.5 MOhm output impedance on their HPA21. The vector of power delivery is a lot different in current amplifiers vs the typical voltage amplifiers.

Thanks, I did realise it is a current mode amplifier stage - after all, that is its main USP:

The QP1, $599 and the QP1R, $899 (Formerly called QP1 Pro), both incorporate Questyle Audio's patented Current Mode amplification technology.

but I was unaware that high output impedance is synonymous with such topology.   Perhaps it does not struggle with low-impedance loads in the same manner as voltage mode amplification. I guess only time will tell.

Jan 31, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #43 of 4,272
Actually, the Output Impedance is less than 0.5 ohms! That means a Damping Factor of greater than 600!!

Due to our patented Current Mode amplification technology, and a Full Class A circuit design, implemented utilizing all discrete circuitry (that’s transistors, capacitors and resistors as opposed to an off the shelf IC chip), we are able to achieve some pretty mind blowing results!! In initial testing, It has shown very strong control capability, especially with the hard to drive headphones. It will drive virtually any headphone or IEM on the planet, from 16--600ohm with no problem whatsoever!! :atsmile:

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Jan 31, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #45 of 4,272
Actually, the Output Impedance is less than 0.5 ohms! That means a Damping Factor of greater than 600!!

Due to our patented Current Mode amplification technology, and a Full Class A circuit design, implemented utilizing all discrete circuitry (that’s transistors, capacitors and resistors as opposed to an off the shelf IC chip), we are able to achieve some pretty mind blowing results!! In initial testing, It has shown very strong control capability, especially with the hard to drive headphones. It will drive virtually any headphone or IEM on the planet, from 16--600ohm with no problem whatsoever!!
atsmile.gif

Very pleased to hear this!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back