Questyle QP1
Sep 3, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #1,262 of 4,272
  I'm not trying to stir the pot up, but I just want to vent a little frustration over what seems to be some misstatements made by Questyle. At the SF meetup, they told me and other potential buyers that the units were "already on the water" and expect to be received in "about 2 weeks". I paid for mine right then and there.

That's fine. But then it seems like the story suddenly changed, because now I see that the pre-order units were getting EQ installed on them. So unless some magic fairy is in that cargo hold sprinkling fairy dust on those boxes we were told were on the water, then the pre-order units hadn't even been shipped. 

I don't mind being patient, and I'm very excited to own such a great device. I would just appreciate a bit more straightforward explanations.

All products undergo testing when they arrive to assure no damage during shipping, the EQ software will be installed at that time.

Sep 3, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #1,263 of 4,272
It's really nobody's fault. Though, the thing I described is beginner level stuff. I'll be taking a class on Java this semester so it'll be my 3rd language I know. I enjoy looking at something complex and actually understanding it. There's that great pride in the experience.
Source code is the script or text that is written by the programmer prior to recreating it to machine code. This code, while possible to technically extract and regress the progress, it's an area I'm unfamiliar with since nobody taught me how. This is why I requested for the source code straight from Questyle because of their ability to access and copy those lines.
If you wanted to, you could write a program in Notepad, open it up in a IDE and create a program, assuming no bugs. Since I am programming, I want as much sources as I can find so I can make a competent program. My only hope is that they labeled their variables and such with good names and not the "time saving" names.

Go check your PM, I sent you something that could be helpful.
Opening their source code to the public is not something light. They have to weigh the pros and cons of doing so. I personally see much more pros than cons for this specific use as there are not accounts, credit cards and other network problems but it will ultimately be their decision.

Hopefully, they might deliver some github repository where we can do some pull requests on a few additional features. Would be quite cool for us, for them and beneficial for everybody if added in a firmware.

As for the rest, wait and see. Would be delighted to listen to this device :)

Sep 3, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #1,264 of 4,272
  Go check your PM, I sent you something that could be helpful.
Opening their source code to the public is not something light. They have to weigh the pros and cons of doing so. I personally see much more pros than cons for this specific use as there are not accounts, credit cards and other network problems but it will ultimately be their decision.

Hopefully, they might deliver some github repository where we can do some pull requests on a few additional features. Would be quite cool for us, for them and beneficial for everybody if added in a firmware.

As for the rest, wait and see. Would be delighted to listen to this device :)

Ah, I saw it. Thanks mate. In the case of here, they have very little to lose. The thing about it is that programmers can submit their add-ons and Questyle can add on that "function" into their "function 'main'". Since there is no playing with user data, except for music, they have little to lose, as you said. I have said previously that each programmer has many ways available to do the same thing. There might be new implementations and tricks that some may not see or know. You don't stop learning as a programmer.
While I don't think opening up source code just willy-nilly should be done, I think allowing some people to gain access at it and have their hand at it. With how big Head-Fi is, I wouldn't be surprised there are some pretty good programmers around here. The ball is in Questyle's court. Can't wait to hear what they say.

Sep 3, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #1,265 of 4,272
I'm not a developer per se but I have some experience in the field.

What you are talking about refers more to some kind of modular architecture and i don't really imagine it being the case here with a closed system.

What I meant and that you should check is participative tools where several people can work together, with separate branches so that the work of a developer doesn't hinder the work of another.
Read about github (git) and subversion (svn). You will have a far better time doing group projects using market standards.

Anyway: torn between QP1 and the new Sony Z5C. Completely different beasts but I don't really need the class A amp to drive Kaiser 10.
Hope more reviews will come soon about the QP1.

Sep 3, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #1,267 of 4,272
I'm not a developer per se but I have some experience in the field.

What you are talking about refers more to some kind of modular architecture and i don't really imagine it being the case here with a closed system.

What I meant and that you should check is participative tools where several people can work together, with separate branches so that the work of a developer doesn't hinder the work of another.
Read about github (git) and subversion (svn). You will have a far better time doing group projects using market standards.

Anyway: torn between QP1 and the new Sony Z5C. Completely different beasts but I don't really need the class A amp to drive Kaiser 10.
Hope more reviews will come soon about the QP1.

I never needed to use github and those of the like. Though, I see how that makes sense. Either way, looking forward to see how they move forward with this.

It's taking then a while to fulfill those pre-orders. I do understand that they are updating and whatnot but it's getting extremely long and should have been out by now. However, they are physically testing devices, I can't say no to that as I am OCD and a perfectionist. I hope that they just release it soon I can have a go with listening to it. I sure hope it's worth waiting this long for.

Sep 3, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #1,268 of 4,272
Dear DGCFAD,

I've emailed info@questyleaudio.com twice already but have yet to get any form of response. Once before CanJam London, which they may be busy and another this week after. What's the typical response time like so I won't be seen as spamming their inbox for a reply? Thanks

Sep 4, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #1,269 of 4,272
For those awaiting preorders of the QP1R in the US, a partial shipment has been received, and units should start shipping next week. Inquiries are being made into the whereabouts of the bulk of the shipment, but the possibility remains that some outstanding orders will have to wait for the next shipment.

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Sep 4, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #1,270 of 4,272
  For those awaiting preorders of the QP1R in the US, a partial shipment has been received, and units should start shipping next week. Inquiries are being made into the whereabouts of the bulk of the shipment, but the possibility remains that some outstanding orders will have to wait for the next shipment.

Wow that's great news. I only hope I'm part of the first shipment.
wink_face.gif

Sep 4, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #1,271 of 4,272

When might that be?

Sep 4, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #1,272 of 4,272
Appreciate the news. I hope I am one of the people that receive it as well.
Did the bulk shipment go missing?

Sep 4, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #1,273 of 4,272

To elaborate, it appears that the bulk of our shipment of QP1R's has been lost. Since returning from London CanJam, I have been trying to sort it all out and trying to recover the missing units. That said, we have received enough to satisfy many of the preorders. For those preorders that we are not able to ship from what we now have, we hope to either receive the units that are lost or have an emergency batch flown in from the factory within the next week or two. In short, if you've placed a preorder you will have your QP1R shortly! We are in the process of checking them all, making sure they are all complete and installing the latest firmware with EQ on them. We will begin shipping them out on Monday in the order by which your orders were received by us.

There is no need to contact us, we will inform everyone by email with a tracking number if your unit has been shipped or if it will be shipped in the next round.

We really appreciate your patience, and now your understanding on receiving your preorders. And for those who want to believe that they are not real or that they are never going to be released to the market, you're about to be very disappointed!!

For all those who have placed preorders, it's going to be like Christmas in the summer very soon!! And for those who have not yet preordered their QP1R, it's just going to be like any other summer! :wink:

Happy listening everyone!

Sep 4, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #1,274 of 4,272
To elaborate, it appears that the bulk of our shipment of QP1R's has been lost.

Oh no! Hope they're located quickly.

"We will begin shipping them out on Monday in the order by which your orders were received by us." ... "In short, if you've placed a preorder you will have your QP1R shortly!"

Huzzah!

Sep 4, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #1,275 of 4,272
To elaborate, it appears that the bulk of our shipment of QP1R's has been lost. Since returning from London CanJam, I have been trying to sort it all out and trying to recover the missing units. That said, we have received enough to satisfy many of the preorders. For those preorders that we are not able to ship from what we now have, we hope to either receive the units that are lost or have an emergency batch flown in from the factory within the next week or two. In short, if you've placed a preorder you will have your QP1R shortly! We are in the process of checking them all, making sure they are all complete and installing the latest firmware with EQ on them. We will begin shipping them out on Monday in the order by which your orders were received by us.

There is no need to contact us, we will inform everyone by email with a tracking number if your unit has been shipped or if it will be shipped in the next round.

We really appreciate your patience, and now your understanding on receiving your preorders. And for those who want to believe that they are not real or that they are never going to be released to the market, you're about to be very disappointed!!

For all those who have placed preorders, it's going to be like Christmas in the summer very soon!! And for those who have not yet preordered their QP1R, it's just going to be like any other summer!
wink.gif

Happy listening everyone!

Now that's what I call an update! Lol 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back