Questyle QP1
Sep 4, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #1,276 of 4,272
Shoot man. This is some good news. Is it possible to get an estimate on shipping via Overnight and 2-Day?

Sep 4, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #1,278 of 4,272

For those awaiting preorders of the QP1R in the US, a partial shipment has been received, and units should start shipping next week. Inquiries are being made into the whereabouts of the bulk of the shipment, but the possibility remains that some outstanding orders will have to wait for the next shipment.

To elaborate, it appears that the bulk of our shipment of QP1R's has been lost. Since returning from London CanJam, I have been trying to sort it all out and trying to recover the missing units. That said, we have received enough to satisfy many of the preorders. For those preorders that we are not able to ship from what we now have, we hope to either receive the units that are lost or have an emergency batch flown in from the factory within the next week or two. In short, if you've placed a preorder you will have your QP1R shortly! We are in the process of checking them all, making sure they are all complete and installing the latest firmware with EQ on them. We will begin shipping them out on Monday in the order by which your orders were received by us.

There is no need to contact us, we will inform everyone by email with a tracking number if your unit has been shipped or if it will be shipped in the next round.

We really appreciate your patience, and now your understanding on receiving your preorders. And for those who want to believe that they are not real or that they are never going to be released to the market, you're about to be very disappointed!!

For all those who have placed preorders, it's going to be like Christmas in the summer very soon!! And for those who have not yet preordered their QP1R, it's just going to be like any other summer!
wink.gif

Happy listening everyone!

Hows 'bout us foreigners from the great white-hot north?

Sep 4, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #1,280 of 4,272
Amazing how we're already asking for features on a DAP which we're unlikely to see for the near to middle future.  I recall I certainly never got a "we'll refer this" response to my simple request for continuous play between folders. 
Not belittling other tagging requests, but, I suspect we'll have to have the thing in the common people's hands before we can really make proper requests for features.  All right; that goes for me as well.
I'm curious why the DAC mode is a make-or-break need as most must have a DAC already.
And with all these b***y shows in far-away places most of us will never get to, how will the work get done?

Hi UELong. Thank you for your suggestion. This has already been refered to our CEO and the designer of the DAPs, Jason. Adding continuous play between folders may require a complete rewrite of the firmware which would cause a considerable delay In releasing the player. It is also a feature that very few people have asked for. If it is possible to implement continuous playback between folders without a redo of the firmware, it will be offered in a future firmware update.

Sep 4, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #1,287 of 4,272

Hows 'bout us foreigners from the great white-hot north?

We just handle the US. You need to contact our distributor in Canada, Audio Pathways, for an authorized Canadian Questyle dealer.

i placed a pre-order through your us retailer, headphoneaudiophile.com.   where do we stand in the queue?

Sep 5, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #1,288 of 4,272

Amazing how we're already asking for features on a DAP which we're unlikely to see for the near to middle future.  I recall I certainly never got a "we'll refer this" response to my simple request for continuous play between folders. 
Not belittling other tagging requests, but, I suspect we'll have to have the thing in the common people's hands before we can really make proper requests for features.  All right; that goes for me as well.
I'm curious why the DAC mode is a make-or-break need as most must have a DAC already.
And with all these b***y shows in far-away places most of us will never get to, how will the work get done?

Hi UELong. Thank you for your suggestion. This has already been refered to our CEO and the designer of the DAPs, Jason. Adding continuous play between folders may require a complete rewrite of the firmware which would cause a considerable delay In releasing the player. It is also a feature that very few people have asked for. If it is possible to implement continuous playback between folders without a redo of the firmware, it will be offered in a future firmware update.

Thanks.  It's more of a convenience than a make-or-break for me.  And thanks for the distributer info. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back