Questyle QP1
Sep 5, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #1,291 of 4,272
I recieved a reply from Audiopathways and they basically said the dealer network is being sorted out, and also that they are awaiting inventory but have no real concrete timeframe. They are also advertising "DEALERS WANTED".

This says to me that no one is currently planned to carry the QP1/R in Canada and we need to wait and see if any dealers will jump on board. It also says to me that they have no idea about when stock is arriving. Not very confidence inspiring. I'm not implying that they aren't going to eventually receive the QP1/R or that no dealers will ever sell them in Canada.

I'm just saying that the lack of information and the nebulous replies to inquiries is very frustrating to us Canadians. To be honest it looks to me like Questyle is simply passing the buck when asked direct questions about purchasing and ignoring a huge market up here in Canada - at least in passing along information - for reasons I don't understand. I have the money to drop on this unit and would pre-order if I knew where and when I could actually buy the thing. A very large sales misstep on Questyle's behalf in my opinion. I get it, its a new product, it's a new launch, but I think they should have been more prepared for a global dealer network from day one. Patience tends to run out.

Sep 5, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #1,292 of 4,272
I almost have a feeling that American Sound has not had a chance to see or hear this product themselves....in which case, i can understand their

hesitancy at the moment for not jumping into the unknown so quickly....

they have been around since the 1980's so i do have confidence that if this product is moving smoothly through the pipes, they will have it....

Sep 5, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #1,293 of 4,272
Oh, I have no doubt that eventually it will come up north. Just venting on the lack of dates / pre-order / dealer information. A product with such (continuous) rave reviews deserves a timely global launch, or at least transparent information. More dealers than just American Sound would be smart as well. It's hard not to spend money elsewhere when information is so thin but I'm still holding out.... Waiting. Impatiently of course.

:wink_face:

Sep 5, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #1,294 of 4,272
  I almost have a feeling that American Sound has not had a chance to see or hear this product themselves....in which case, i can understand their

hesitancy at the moment for not jumping into the unknown so quickly....

they have been around since the 1980's so i do have confidence that if this product is moving smoothly through the pipes, they will have it....

I emailed Angie a couple of times and she told me I wasn't forgotten.  So, yes, I'm thinking Q dropped the ball with us.
And what about our friends in europe and Australasia?  They had the thing at the German fest in May when it was "released."   Has anyone over there gotten a twinge?

Sep 5, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #1,295 of 4,272
Qp1/r have been listed at Addicted to Audio in Australia for a while now it doesn't say anything about stock or preorder they are $999 and $1499 Australian dollars

Sep 6, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #1,299 of 4,272
Had a good listen at Canjam. On Questyle's stall and Mo's personal model. A very exciting listen. They were not sure on British distributer either. Took my name and email.

Sep 6, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #1,300 of 4,272
Had a good listen at Canjam. On Questyle's stall and Mo's personal model. A very exciting listen. They were not sure on British distributer either. Took my name and email.

Glad you enjoyed the listen!  Nice meeting you there as well!

I contacted the powers that be regarding a specific British distributor, as a well-known audio distrubtor listened to my HE1000 and QP1R at his store and immediately wanted to distribute the QP1R.  Hopefully Questyle will choose his store! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 6, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #1,301 of 4,272

I contacted the powers that be regarding a specific British distributor, as a well-known audio distrubtor listened to my HE1000 and QP1R at his store and immediately wanted to distribute the QP1R.  Hopefully Questyle will choose his store! :bigsmile_face:

Missed the HE1000, probably just as well! That's great news, hope it comes off.

Sep 6, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #1,302 of 4,272

I contacted the powers that be regarding a specific British distributor, as a well-known audio distrubtor listened to my HE1000 and QP1R at his store and immediately wanted to distribute the QP1R.  Hopefully Questyle will choose his store! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Missed the HE1000, probably just as well! That's great news, hope it comes off.

Well, it's good, at least, you guys in the UK might be getting some luck.

Sep 6, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #1,303 of 4,272

Probably get hit with exchange rates! You guys in US and Canada have it soo good over there :)

Except with HUGO that is made locally in England :)

Sep 6, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #1,304 of 4,272

Probably get hit with exchange rates! You guys in US and Canada have it soo good over there :)

Except with HUGO that is made locally in England :)

So true; except that Canada is in the unenvyable position of looking through the glass at the banquet that is the U.S.  Ther have been no demos or reviews by anyone up here that I know of.  Questile hasn't bothered with a flogging of their product in our dominion.  And, they say right on this thread, to go and talk to the 'chortle' distributer.
It's like trying to buy Canadian music on HDTracks.
Not aiming this diatribe at you Andrew.  I'm glad you may be able to affect some form of action in Britain.
It's just been a long time coming, and then to find out that we're not even on the map?  From now on, I'll be careful of which hype-train I board.
No more coffee for you, Kev.

Sep 6, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #1,305 of 4,272

So true; except that Canada is in the unenvyable position of looking through the glass at the banquet that is the U.S.  Ther have been no demos or reviews by anyone up here that I know of.  Questile hasn't bothered with a flogging of their product in our dominion.  And, they say right on this thread, to go and talk to the 'chortle' distributer.
It's like trying to buy Canadian music on HDTracks.
Not aiming this diatribe at you Andrew.  I'm glad you may be able to affect some form of action in Britain.
It's just been a long time coming, and then to find out that we're not even on the map?  From now on, I'll be careful of which hype-train I board.
No more coffee for you, Kev.

No rush, its not going to sound better than your Hugo
wink.gif
, But as a standalone, I do feel it will be worth the wait.
Give them time to really tighten up the Volume dial, which was my only criticism. It made a luxurious player feel a bit cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back