Questyle QP1
Dec 29, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #4,204 of 4,272
I've managed to catch up to about page 180 of this mega-thread. I was a very early buyer of the QP1R and have been happy with it. But my usage honestly dropped off almost completely for over a year. I just picked it up again last week and updated it to the latest firmware from the very first factory installed one, and I don't know if it's confirmation bias, but the unit sounds so much better now. I was using it quite a bit before updating it, both in my car and with various headphone/ IEM's.

Did something with the latest firmware alter the SQ? I can't get thru another 100 pages just to find out. I didn't alter anything with the EQ and have kept everything flat since the beginning.

Dec 29, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #4,205 of 4,272
I've managed to catch up to about page 180 of this mega-thread. I was a very early buyer of the QP1R and have been happy with it. But my usage honestly dropped off almost completely for over a year. I just picked it up again last week and updated it to the latest firmware from the very first factory installed one, and I don't know if it's confirmation bias, but the unit sounds so much better now. I was using it quite a bit before updating it, both in my car and with various headphone/ IEM's.

Did something with the latest firmware alter the SQ? I can't get thru another 100 pages just to find out. I didn't alter anything with the EQ and have kept everything flat since the beginning.
I noticed the same thing,too. Especially with DSD, but everything seems clearer.

Mar 8, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #4,209 of 4,272
Beyer dt770 flies with Xduoo xd05
Same for Akg..
Whats does it mean..wrong can? Wrong for the player that is unable to drive them?
Yes. Maybe you're just expecting too much for the DAP. I don't know what an xdoo is, but if it works better with your HPs, use it. I know that QP1R has powered whatever I've been able to throw at it. LCD-X is the hardest of my cans to drive, and they do fine. It's possible your AKGs just need more than the unit can cope with.

May 16, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #4,211 of 4,272
May 16, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #4,212 of 4,272
May 16, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #4,213 of 4,272
Nice to see you back Moedawg how are doing?
I am blessed, thank you! I am currently at my sixth week back to work, thank God.

I'll be working on the QP2R review, with a few paired products as well (nothing as lengthy as my QP1R review).

I hope all is well with you and your family! :beerchug:

May 17, 2018 at 1:24 AM Post #4,215 of 4,272

Users who are viewing this thread

Back