Questyle QP1
Oct 9, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #4,171 of 4,272
Either way it is a great sounding player for the price.

Nov 27, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #4,172 of 4,272
Dear Questyle users,

Thanks for your support.

We are very pleased to inform you all that we have the long awaited firmware update for the QP1R.

We apologize that it took so long. We are confident that you will find the update to be worth the wait, or at least happy to have it at last.

We care very much about our customers, past and present, and always strive to give you the ultimate performance and service. We are not perfect, but we try our best to make it better.

The past few months, we did work very hard to improve our products regarding the feedback and advice that you have given us.

Now we will make fw V1.0.9 available and are confident that you will have a better experience with the new firmware. And of course, we welcome any of our users to send us your advice.

We would like to again thank all the people who purchased the QP1R and for your continued support. We will continue to support the QP1R and continue to offer service for any problems you should encounter.

Team Questyle

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Nov 28, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #4,174 of 4,272
1.09 rocks. I've been hanging with 1.05 because I don't need the DAC and thought it a hair more revealing though not as full bodied as 1.08. 1.09 sounds spot on to me. Refined, revealing, textured yet still snappy and full bodied without losing harmonic structure. Thanks guys. I can tell you tweaked hard on this one.

I'm odd as I only have screen shut off activated and will install the same FW over itself just to be sure it all takes well.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #4,175 of 4,272
Will definitely be downloading after work today.

Nov 28, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #4,177 of 4,272
They recommend SD card not sure it’s possible on internal memory but might be not real sure on that.

Nov 28, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #4,178 of 4,272
Me too.

Can I use the internal memory to load the firmware, rather than an SD card? The internal storage is empty.

From QP1R user manual:

Upgrade —To upgrade firmware; Shut down the player by pressing the "Power" key until the "Questyle" logo appears and begins to fade out. Copy the q1.fw (do not rename file) document to a blank Micro SD card and then insert it into the TF card 1 slot of the player. Start the player by pressing the "power" key until you feel a slight vibration. Use the "Helm" or the "Left" and "Right" keys to select “System settings” and press the "OK" key, then use the "Helm" or the "Left" and "Right" keys to select “Upgrade” and press the "OK" key, then use the "Helm" or the "Left" and "Right" keys to select “Yes” (will highlight in blue) and then press the "OK" key, wait until the firmware

upgrade is finished (a progress bar will appear, do not power off during upgrade process, the player will automatically reboot, may take several minutes). Press the "Main Menu" or "Back Menu" key to return to "Main" menu.

Nov 28, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #4,179 of 4,272
From QP1R user manual:

Upgrade —To upgrade firmware; Shut down the player by pressing the "Power" key until the "Questyle" logo appears and begins to fade out. Copy the q1.fw (do not rename file) document to a blank Micro SD card and then insert it into the TF card 1 slot of the player. Start the player by pressing the "power" key until you feel a slight vibration. Use the "Helm" or the "Left" and "Right" keys to select “System settings” and press the "OK" key, then use the "Helm" or the "Left" and "Right" keys to select “Upgrade” and press the "OK" key, then use the "Helm" or the "Left" and "Right" keys to select “Yes” (will highlight in blue) and then press the "OK" key, wait until the firmware

upgrade is finished (a progress bar will appear, do not power off during upgrade process, the player will automatically reboot, may take several minutes). Press the "Main Menu" or "Back Menu" key to return to "Main" menu.

Thanks for the replies, I'll have to look for a small SD card, looking forward to my first software update!

Nov 28, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #4,180 of 4,272
Thanks for the replies, I'll have to look for a small SD card, looking forward to my first software update!

I've never used a blank card to do a FW update. As long as you have enough room on your microSD card and the card is in Slot 1, you should be good to go.

Nov 28, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #4,182 of 4,272
1.09 rocks. I've been hanging with 1.05 because I don't need the DAC and thought it a hair more revealing though not as full bodied as 1.08. 1.09 sounds spot on to me. Refined, revealing, textured yet still snappy and full bodied without losing harmonic structure. Thanks guys. I can tell you tweaked hard on this one.

I'm odd as I only have screen shut off activated and will install the same FW over itself just to be sure it all takes well.

Thanks John. Yes, a lot of hard work went into this one. I'm pleased to hear you like it!

Nov 28, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #4,184 of 4,272
I have never used a blank card myself as I don’t have one and have never had a problem but that doesn’t mean that I won’t ; )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back