Questyle QP1
Oct 21, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #3,946 of 4,272
  Hey guys little update, we are aware of the battery indication issue as of late. Looking at a fix within a future firmware update, no eta as of yet for the next firmware.

Thanks for the info mate! Look forward to see any changes. For personal curiosity, I love to know how programmers calculate and display data info and semi-accurately. Seeing as I am a student programmer, all this stuff interests me a bunch.

Answered already.

I don't remember the battery problem answered with a solution. It was mostly deal with it or something along those lines.

The battery issue doesn't break any love for the QP1R. In fact, its pretty much the best DAP I have seen around. I fail to find any device that can sound as good or better than the QP1R while retaining the low price, quality, and overall performance. I just aim to point out problems or things I see that others might trash talk the device about. Besides, it can get annoying for the device to just shut off when it displays 6x% or whatever.

Oct 21, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #3,948 of 4,272

Thanks for the update, @Netforce.

I have additional questions, and I'd be much obliged if you could get definitive answers:

Assuming the battery fails in two or three years, my understanding is that I can replace the battery by sending the QP1R to Questyle's service center in California. Am I correct? (I'd simply want to get a new battery, not an entirely new unit.) How difficult is the replacement procedure--does the DAP use strong adhesives or other materials that might complicate the process for regular service centers?

Thank you for your time and attention.

Best regards,
Brian

Assuming nothing major changes within 2-3 years then yup you could just send the unit to the service center and then we could just pop off the back and replace the battery. Probably the most complicated part as it has been explained to me is that the back glass needs a special set of tools to remove, after that changing the battery is pretty simple.

Thanks for the info mate! Look forward to see any changes. For personal curiosity, I love to know how programmers calculate and display data info and semi-accurately. Seeing as I am a student programmer, all this stuff interests me a bunch.

I don't remember the battery problem answered with a solution. It was mostly deal with it or something along those lines.

The battery issue doesn't break any love for the QP1R. In fact, its pretty much the best DAP I have seen around. I fail to find any device that can sound as good or better than the QP1R while retaining the low price, quality, and overall performance. I just aim to point out problems or things I see that others might trash talk the device about. Besides, it can get annoying for the device to just shut off when it displays 6x% or whatever.

I once heard the short explanation of how the battery is calculated and realized how actually complicated it is. From what I have been told is that the fix is also pretty complicated but would be a more accurate representation of the actual battery left.

Also I'm glad to hear you are happy with your QP1R!

Good to hear, @netforce.  Are they also working on folder play-through as well?

I believe but I would have to confirm probably some time next week. Folder play-through is probably another heavily requested firmware update.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Oct 21, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #3,949 of 4,272
  I once heard the short explanation of how the battery is calculated and realized how actually complicated it is. From what I have been told is that the fix is also pretty complicated but would be a more accurate representation of the actual battery left.

Also I'm glad to hear you are happy with your QP1R!

I've owned it since you guys first released it. In fact, I was the part of the first people who bought one. I remember it was during the summer on my birthday, I was in the Philippines. I had dropped $2000 on the Westone W60 and QP1R. I have loved it ever since. Of course, there are things I wish could be changed but its definitely the best one I have seen. Besides, what device is perfect where you don't want to change anything? None.

Lithium Ion batteries are weird. Unlike the previous tech, its voltage doesn't decrease linear-like and stays relatively stable. It is until at the very end that its voltage suddenly drops rapidly. For that reason alone, it can be hard to determine an accurate battery level. Though, I would rather have Lithium Ion or Polymer over the older tech any day. Lithium allows for substantial increased power storage for the same space with a consistent voltage. That and since you shouldn't run the battery down to zero, it lasts technically longer than old tech.

Oct 22, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #3,950 of 4,272
Hello, @bSquared64
 -

Please excuse the tardiness of my follow-up, but I'd appreciate clarification: Would it be possible to have the QP1R's battery replaced at other service centers? Does the unit and/or battery use adhesives?

Many thanks!

~Brian
SF

Hi Brian.

If the battery needs to be replaced, we can do it in our Los Angeles service center. There are special tools required to remove the back glass to access the battery and it is not user replaceable. That said, you should not need to replace the battery yet.

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Nov 10, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #3,951 of 4,272
Quick question. If I use a QP1 in USB DAC mode, will it output a digital signal over Toslink in that situation? I know it will put out a signal from the headphone out and line-out, but what about a digital output in that case?

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #3,952 of 4,272
  Quick question. If I use a QP1 in USB DAC mode, will it output a digital signal over Toslink in that situation? I know it will put out a signal from the headphone out and line-out, but what about a digital output in that case?

Just tried it on my QP1R in USB Dac mode through Toslink and can receive the signal to my CMA600i.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Nov 11, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #3,953 of 4,272
In the Las Vegas or Nevada area and looking to try out some wonderful high end headphones?​
 ​
 ​
Listening In Style!
NOVEMBER 17th, 2016 - 7pm-9pm
@STITCHED Located inside of the Cosmopolitan​
 ​
https://www.facebook.com/events/1091372350918419/​
 ​
Come and join The Audio Video Boutique at StitchedLife next Thursday 11/17 inside of The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas! We are going to be "Listening In Style" with Several Hi-End Headphone Manufactures while being Dressed to the Nines by StitchedLife, Las Vegas Premier Clothier... Audio Systems Created & Provided by Questyle Audio with Bubbly provided by Champagne Perrier-Jouët!​

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Dec 2, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #3,956 of 4,272
This thread is kinda an outpost for the other QP1(R) thread but FW 1.0.8 is available on the Questyle Site (Download > Drive). If you don't see it on the US site, change your language pref to Chinese.

Dec 4, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #3,958 of 4,272
  Thanks for the tip, sorry can't read Chinese BUT at least this gives me hope they actually are working on version 1.0.8 update.  Feedback on updates made available would be appreciated.  Thanks!

The update is complete but for some reason has not been posted on the US site, as of yet. I don't read Chinese either but if you go to this Link and then choose the second category from the left, on the lower menu which is Drive, FW 1.0.8 is there. I just wanted users in this thread to also know it was available.   

Dec 4, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #3,959 of 4,272

The update is complete but for some reason has not been posted on the US site, as of yet. I don't read Chinese either but if you go to this Link and then choose the second category from the left, on the lower menu which is Drive, FW 1.0.8 is there. I just wanted users in this thread to also know it was available.   

As for what changes that were made, the major one for me is: Category > Artist > Album, actually shows individual albums and the songs in album order. Previously, all albums were combined and sorted in numerical order, which IMO, was completely useless.  

Dec 4, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #3,960 of 4,272

THANK GOD for the change you referenced to!!!  I have been waiting for this one and will, once downloaded and complete will consider this unit AWESOME!  Can't wait but will have to wait till US version just so I don't screw things up.  YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back