Questyle QP1
Oct 13, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #3,931 of 4,272
I will give it a week or two with the new firmware. Chances are I will adjust as it's a very subtle change anyway. I was just curious if anyone else had noticed and it's always good to know your not going mad lol.
I wonder if Questyle are planning an upgrade or a possible limited edition run aka A&K style

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #3,932 of 4,272
I will give it a week or two with the new firmware. Chances are I will adjust as it's a very subtle change anyway. I was just curious if anyone else had noticed and it's always good to know your not going mad lol.
I wonder if Questyle are planning an upgrade or a possible limited edition run aka A&K style

Hopefully not pricing aka a&k style lol

Oct 14, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #3,933 of 4,272
just sub'd

question to questyle:
first kudos to all the praise you're getting in a competitive market.
your products do intrigue me.

but i've not purchased one as there is no wifi for streaming, which i don't understand
given that streaming is fast overtaking flac downloading and cd purchases, etc,
...i mean even audiophile premium $$$ A&K has finally realized this and is starting to offer streaming to its devices. whether you like it or not, streaming is only growing by leaps and bounds.

my point is that it is just nice to have a product that is versatile for music lovers...sometimes it's nice to stream
to explore new venues...then if i like some particular artist enough i can then purchase a quality flac recording and download it....i'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat.

Oct 14, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #3,935 of 4,272
I agree QP2R would be nice to have streaming . That what I use the USB function for while setting on the back patio thru my MBP.

Oct 19, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #3,937 of 4,272
Sorry for the late congrats but its better late than never:

CONGRATS QUESTYLE ~~~!!!

I enjoy my device everyday. Makes programming and studying less painful. When I am not playing my violin, I get to treat myself to a private concert with Itzhak Perlman and listen to those sweet notes. Seriously, this is one underrated device. Playing Battlefield 1 with this as a DAC is amazing.

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #3,938 of 4,272
Hi Brian. The battery can be replaced by our service center in Los Angeles, California.

Hello, @bSquared64 -

Please excuse the tardiness of my follow-up, but I'd appreciate clarification: Would it be possible to have the QP1R's battery replaced at other service centers? Does the unit and/or battery use adhesives?

Many thanks!

~Brian

Oct 21, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #3,939 of 4,272
I wonder those who seem to get wrong battery stats for our QP1R, like me and a few others, I'm curious how the battery information is obtained. If it is obtained by voltage of the battery, maybe display something that falls in line to that voltage. I dunno. Lithium ion batteries are a little different to work with. I'll do some research on how battery stats are derived and techniques to get as accurate as possible.
I just hate having my QP1R displaying 6x% and then shutting off, refusing to turn on until I plug it in, and only to boot it up with a display of 2x%. As soon as I remove the power, it shuts off, indicating the insufficient voltage.

Oct 21, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #3,940 of 4,272
Since the battery usually lasts about 9 hours (+/-) ... I suggested just having a 'timed-played so far' indicator .. the user can manually reset it once they have a full charge (or something) .. this would give a better indicator as to how long a user has left until shutdown ....

My unit was shutting down at 34% for a while .. then for some reason it jumped to 64% and bam shutdown ... I think I got things back down to 34% by charging the unit from empty while it was playing ... I left it charging & playing for about 6 hours after hitting 100% and since then the unit shuts down at 34% ...  Maybe I will try again to see it things go back to the 4% limit that I first got when I purchased the unit

Oct 21, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #3,941 of 4,272
I tried to deplete the battery power and this time it turned off around 18%. I do notice that the rate of depletion went faster when it was below 50%.
The previous time it auto shut off at 60%.

Oct 21, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #3,945 of 4,272
  Hey guys little update, we are aware of the battery indication issue as of late. Looking at a fix within a future firmware update, no eta as of yet for the next firmware.

Thanks for the update, @Netforce.

I have additional questions, and I'd be much obliged if you could get definitive answers:

Assuming the battery fails in two or three years, my understanding is that I can replace the battery by sending the QP1R to Questyle's service center in California. Am I correct? (I'd simply want to get a new battery, not an entirely new unit.) How difficult is the replacement procedure--does the DAP use strong adhesives or other materials that might complicate the process for regular service centers?

Thank you for your time and attention.

Best regards,
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back