Questyle QP1
Sep 27, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #3,916 of 4,272
A very simple way to accomplish what you want is to organize your files by artist then album (the player supports multiple folder depth) and use the "browse files" rather than the "play by category".

I do exactly that, see above, I use 'folder play'. Cheers.
I'm just trying to understand the logic of omitting tag play of an artist's album, which for years using records, cassettes, minidiscs, CDs, has been how the artist intended their music to be heard :). With many albums called 'greatest hits' etc, and sometimes forgetting albums titles, to me the most basic use of meta data is going to an artist and browsing their albums.

Not a problem using folder structure, but why miss most obvious way of using Categories. I notice people have asked for this since release and hoped Questyle would put right this curious omission.

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #3,918 of 4,272
The battery indicator is very temperamental. I'm still at FW 1.0.5, the indicator didn't use to bother me much, but yesterday after listening for a few hours the battery went from 50% to 20%, and then it switched off by itself. Upon connecting it to the charger it reads 99% which is perplexing to say the least. Does FW 1.0.7 fix this?

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #3,919 of 4,272
  The battery indicator is very temperamental. I'm still at FW 1.0.5, the indicator didn't use to bother me much, but yesterday after listening for a few hours the battery went from 50% to 20%, and then it switched off by itself. Upon connecting it to the charger it reads 99% which is perplexing to say the least. Does FW 1.0.7 fix this?

Problem still exists in 1.0.7
I listened to mine yesterday. Battery was around 55% and unit switched off itself. Plugged in usb to charge and battery indicator showed 100% immediately.

Sep 29, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #3,920 of 4,272
Ah well. All in the same of sound quality.

Sep 30, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #3,922 of 4,272
I have a T50RP that I modded that is my favorite closed headphone with my QP1 non R. Brainwaves hybrid velour pleather pads make all the difference in comfort and sound signature.
The player has plenty of power to push the drivers. You can tell by the deep, controlled bass. My iPhone 6 can put out enough volume but it doesn't bring out the special qualities of the phones.

Oct 11, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #3,925 of 4,272
beerchug.gif

No surprise to any of us QP1r owners! 

Congratulations!

Oct 11, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #3,926 of 4,272
Oct 11, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #3,927 of 4,272
Hi, anyone noticed a slightly different sound on the 1.07 update. Personally I thought it was a little less warm and a slight tilt towards a more analytical sound. I've come straight from the 1.02 it came with?
Please let me know your thoughts. I think I'm losing the plot lol

Oct 12, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #3,929 of 4,272
Thanks for all the kind words everyone! I will be sure to pass it on to Bruce and Jason!

Hi, anyone noticed a slightly different sound on the 1.07 update. Personally I thought it was a little less warm and a slight tilt towards a more analytical sound. I've come straight from the 1.02 it came with?
Please let me know your thoughts. I think I'm losing the plot lol

There was some talk about the firmware possibly changing the sound signature. Between the previous and latest firmware updates (1.06 and 1.07) there was only feature additions like the usb dac and file size limit changes. Not sure if adding those would of changed the sound but a few people think they hear a difference and few people don't think they hear a difference. I didn't notice a difference myself and would like to try some sort of a/b comparison some time.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back