Questyle QP Master New Upcoming DAP.
Oct 12, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #46 of 267
Moon Audio has the QPM on their site for preorder for months. Just checked and it is nowhere on their site now.

Oct 13, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #47 of 267
Moon Audio has the QPM on their site for preorder for months. Just checked and it is nowhere on their site now.
That's something I noticed too. Slowly info was coming out about it the all of a sudden things went quite and place that had pre-order stopped.

Oct 13, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #48 of 267
Not so much the UI, but the feature set needs updating in my opinion.

They need to offer on board streaming, bluetooth capabilities, etc. to justify the price increase. I should not need to use my phone as a transport to get this functionality in a $2000 player in today's market. The market has shifted since earlier, minimally featured, TOTL players could get away with this.

It also does not help that their earlier models already sound so good and can still be bought at a fraction of the projected price of the QPM. In a way Questyle is competing against itself!

Bottom line: as is, this thing should have a retail price of no more than about $1499 given today's competition (and that's being generous). Packaged with the HB2 hub I can see $1699. That would bring the street price down to an acceptable level. The hub, if sold by itself, should be $299 maximum.

Maybe the $2000 pricing would have worked if it had been released in the same timeframe as the Sony WM1Z, but those days are gone.

Questyle: Hope you're listening and noticing the distinct lack of enthusiasm as evidenced by the minimal activity on this thread!
How I see it is they could have at least update the DAC, doesn't even need to be a big update.

Oct 13, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #49 of 267
A DAC upgrade would have been largely symbolic as a means to justify the pfice increase. Products like the Dethonray 1 prove that the choice of DAC chip is far less important than the implementation.

The QPM is still on the Questyle site with a retail price of $2050 so let's see what happens. Maybe they will only target to their local market.

Oct 13, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #50 of 267
Questyle is not responding to texts, Facebook messenger or email when I piece together my experience and those of others.

Oct 16, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #52 of 267
Are there any reviews or impressions yet?

I have seen none other than one I posted several weeks ago in this thread. It is almost like vaporware.

Oct 17, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #53 of 267
Just chiming in here to say that Questlye seems to have disappeared entirely. I've been dealing with a repair issue with them for months. They took months to respond at all when I began contacting them about the repair, then finally provided me with an RMA to ship to California. I sent my QP2R for repair and it was received and signed for on September 18, but I have not received a single update since then despite my constant (but polite) follow up. I'm beginning to think I'm never going to see the device again. Needless to say, I'm not happy about this. My advice to anyone interested in their products (which, in my experience, was great while it worked), is to stay very far away.

Nov 7, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #56 of 267
Nov 7, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #58 of 267
My web search turns up no U.S.-based vendor for the QPR. Anybody have different results?

Moon Audio was taking preorders several months ago, but now on their site the QPM is nowhere to be found. Maybe they pulled it off their site due to preorders already reaching their maximum?

Nov 7, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #60 of 267
Has anyone tested this out at fujiya avic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back