Questyle CMA18 Portable DAC with Headphone Amplifier
Mar 18, 2024 at 7:04 PM Post #271 of 338
The CMA18 Portable is impressive.. It's not in the rarified air of a Hugo 2 but, it's close enough that I haven't used the Hugo 2 much since the CMA18 Portable landed.

I've had my CMA18 Portable for about 2 weeks now. I've tried it with the Unique Melody Multiverse Mentor, MEST MKII, Empire Ears Legend Evo, Fir Audio Xenon 6, 64 Audio U12t, FAudio Mezzo LE, Sony IER-Z1R, Meze Liric, and Sony MDR-Z1R.

I still have a few more IEMs to listen to... Thus far, I think it is a remarkable device.. I don't feel so bad that I missed out on the Questyle QPM now. The CMA18 Portable definitely caters to musical enjoyment and detail retrieval.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #276 of 338
The Audeze Euclid with Eletech Baroque Medium Ear Tips ... The Sony MUC-M12SB1 cable.. And the Questyle CMA18 Portable...

This is a sweet sounding combination that appeals to my musical enjoyment and listening sensibilities. Really not trying to sound like a hypebeast but I'm legitimately enjoying the CMA18 Portable. This is probably one of my favorite pieces of audio gear ever.

Mar 19, 2024 at 11:33 PM Post #277 of 338
The Audeze Euclid with Eletech Baroque Medium Ear Tips ... The Sony MUC-M12SB1 cable.. And the Questyle CMA18 Portable...

This is a sweet sounding combination that appeals to my musical enjoyment and listening sensibilities. Really not trying to sound like a hypebeast but I'm legitimately enjoying the CMA18 Portable. This is probably one of my favorite pieces of audio gear ever.
How do you like it with the Mezzo LE? To this point, my favorite source for the Mezzo was the N7 and I liked that pairing better than the Mezzo and N30LE.

Mar 20, 2024 at 2:10 AM Post #278 of 338
How do you like it with the Mezzo LE? To this point, my favorite source for the Mezzo was the N7 and I liked that pairing better than the Mezzo and N30LE.
I felt that for the first time I might need to adjust the switches on the Mezzo LE. I'd have to give it another listen on the weekend. The last time I tried the pairing I just had some dental work done, so that probably wasn't the best time to formulate my opinion on how I heard it. But the treble on some songs were approaching spicy for me. Normally the Mezzo LE is my go to with the Mojo v1 and my DX312. I listen with all switches toggled off.

Mar 20, 2024 at 4:08 AM Post #279 of 338
Hey everyone!

I'm thrilled to share that we've dedicated ourselves to crafting a bespoke leather case as special as our beloved CMA 18P!

We've gone for a clever notebook format that's both practical and aesthetically pleasing, custom-made in France from premium leather for the CMA 18. It's lightweight and comes in three different colors.

Capture d’écran 2024-03-20 à 09.04.37.png

Capture d’écran 2024-03-20 à 09.05.24.png

Capture d’écran 2024-03-20 à 09.05.48.png

We're really excited about this project, but what matters most is what you think. Your feedback is invaluable to us... It's our first venture into the audiophile world, driven purely by our love for the CMA!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts and suggestions!

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #280 of 338
Hey everyone!

I'm thrilled to share that we've dedicated ourselves to crafting a bespoke leather case as special as our beloved CMA 18P!

We've gone for a clever notebook format that's both practical and aesthetically pleasing, custom-made in France from premium leather for the CMA 18. It's lightweight and comes in three different colors.

Capture d’écran 2024-03-20 à 09.04.37.png

Capture d’écran 2024-03-20 à 09.05.24.png

Capture d’écran 2024-03-20 à 09.05.48.png

We're really excited about this project, but what matters most is what you think. Your feedback is invaluable to us... It's our first venture into the audiophile world, driven purely by our love for the CMA!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts and suggestions!
It looks great!
Please can you share a link to check it?

Mar 20, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #281 of 338
It looks great!
Please can you share a link to check it?
Thank you for your feedback! Currently, it's available exclusively through the official French CMA18P retailer. I'm not sure I can share a commercial link here so I'll PM you. But our goal is to make this case quickly available at most international retailers. I'm working on it - at least I try :wink:

Mar 20, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #282 of 338

Have you had a mojo2? Is your use case LDAC listening from a phone or tethered to a laptop?

Mar 20, 2024 at 5:22 PM Post #283 of 338
Have you had a mojo2? Is your use case LDAC listening from a phone or tethered to a laptop?
I have a Mojo v1 that I own and a Hugo 2 on loan. I always use mobile DACs via USB on my phone, tablet, or Desktop. I seldom use Bluetooth. If I do I'm either traveling or cooking. I've tried the Mojo 2 once at CanJam SoCal and have considered purchasing one. I thought it was a pretty cool device but I like the warmer sound of the OG Mojo a lot more.

Mar 21, 2024 at 3:12 AM Post #285 of 338
how do you know if a unit is firmware upgraded or not? by S/N?
Being in US, sending it back to upgrade in China is real expensive.
My understanding is that it was only the first batch sold in China that couldn't charge and play at the same time. I think with subsequent batches here - and the ones shipped overseas - they had updated the firmware to enable charge and play. Maybe @Questyle can confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back