Questions about Etymotic
Jan 5, 2011 at 7:39 AM Post #16 of 17
Im using the E7, and the E7 being a warmer amp makes the ER4p sound less stressful. However, I'm a guy that likes details. Is there an amp or headphone/IEM that can give LOTS of details? I would like to be the guy "sitting, stand and with your mouth open" rather than "dancing, shaking your head and snapping his fingers". 

Jan 5, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #17 of 17
I've had the same pair of ER-4P for over 6 years now.  I like them so much I just got impressions done last week for custom-fit tips from ACS (per etymotic's program).  I've been using black foamies almost the whole time (always found fit OK with them, but never perfect).  I've recently been using the gliders, but they don't fit my right ear very well either (the seal pops loose after a little bit).  The audiologist claimed my ear canal is very oval and narrow, so universal fits will always be a bit difficult. 

I use them plugged straight into my Vibrant or RockBoxed H320 most of the time because I mostly use them for portable use and find the sound that way to be stellar.  I DO however use them with an amp and the P-S adapter sometimes at night and they still blow me away.

If you get a proper seal, I don't think you should need to make any other modifications.  Try all of the tips, until you find the one that fits the best.  The olives may work for you, but they might not.  A lot of it depends on the shape of your ear. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back