Questions about digital coax/optical
Nov 22, 2019 at 5:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Olafcx

New Head-Fier
Hi

I use a mojo as a portable DAC. Unfortunately for some reason it's breaking down crazy fast and the micro USB input won't last much longer. Durability is awful. Got an early model I think. USB needs to be angled just right and even then I need to put a lot of force on it for it to not disconnect. Long story short, I'd like to use the digital 3.5mm coax spdif or digital optical toslink instead. I'm not familiar with this sort of cable tho. I generally play from my iphone/ipad, which are lightning and usb c respectively. I have female USB dongles for both. So basically I need a connection from lightning, usb c or usb male to digitial coax spdif or digital optical toslink that will function on ios. I can't seem to find anything except for this belkin lightning to coax digital, which I'm pretty skeptical about. Seems too good to be true. Would this work? What sort of options do I have? What about optical? Have no experience with non-usb digital.

Nov 22, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #2 of 3
That cable just looks like a Lightning to 3.5mm audio cable, not S/PDIF. As far as I know, there's no such thing as a Lightning-S/PDIF converter cable. What you'd probably need is a USB-to-S/PDIF converter and then a mini-Toslink cable to the Mojo. But this doesn't look like a very portable solution. Also, it looks like maybe that converter is bus powered, so it may draw too much current from your phone to work.

Anyway, good luck!

Nov 25, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #3 of 3
Optical is not usually a good mobile option. Maybe send your Mojo back to Chord or at least call them? I heard their support is pretty good.

Dumb question but have you tried a few different USB cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back