Question: Is Monster earphones made in CHINA?
Dec 4, 2010 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

robertspinner

New Head-Fier
On the bay, a Chinese seller states they took them out from the Monster factory (in China???) and sell them at very low prices, can I trust it?

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280598548113

The seller claims,

'
Q1:Where are your headphones from?
A1:Workers take them out from Monster's factory and sell them to us for money.​
Q2:Is your headphone is genuine or original?
A2:The speaker itself(include MTPC,cable and jack) is 100% genuine,because it's easy for workers to take out.The other cases like eartips,carring cases are imitation,not original.​
'​

Dec 4, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #2 of 23
Ask them if they can take a snapshot of the mesh insert in the eartips. that's the quickest way for us to tell if they are fake or real.
All in seriousness, I am 99% certain they're fake. monster does not sell complete 'phones to third parties in that manner (although they are made in china). Even still, I'd highly reccomend you buy from an authorised retailer. The lifetime warranty is key.

Dec 4, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #3 of 23
Hmm surprisingly enough, they have a little comparison of the mesh filters between the fakes and the genuine right below their listing. Makes it seem more creditable, but one user reports getting fakes in their feedback. 

Dec 4, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #4 of 23

Quote:
On the bay, a Chinese seller states they took them out from the Monster factory (in China???) and sell them at very low prices, can I trust it?

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280598548113

The seller claims,

'
Q1:Where are your headphones from?
A1:Workers take them out from Monster's factory and sell them to us for money.​
Q2:Is your headphone is genuine or original?
A2:The speaker itself(include MTPC,cable and jack) is 100% genuine,because it's easy for workers to take out.The other cases like eartips,carring cases are imitation,not original.​
'​

oh wow...so that's the new way of selling 'fakes'

Dec 4, 2010 at 8:35 AM Post #5 of 23
but they can always show you a geniune photo but ship you a fake. let's ask yourself, people put item on ebay hoping to sell maximum profit. why would anyone want to sell at a cost below common average price? this doesnt make any economical or common sense isnt it?

Dec 4, 2010 at 8:55 AM Post #6 of 23
What's worst than Monster headphones?............................Fake Monster Headphones. If you relly want them buy from a Legit dealer. There are way too many red flags to consider sending this guy money.

Dec 4, 2010 at 10:31 AM Post #8 of 23

Quote:
but they can always show you a geniune photo but ship you a fake. let's ask yourself, people put item on ebay hoping to sell maximum profit. why would anyone want to sell at a cost below common average price? this doesnt make any economical or common sense isnt it?

I don't care whether it comes with the original package or not. If the earphone itself is good, then the price would be rather attractive.

Besides, the story told by the seller is quite interesting, workers can take them out of Monster's factory and the seller says it's legal???

``
[size=x-small]Q3:Is this headphone legal?
A3:Actually,there is no law about this part in China,so it's legal.It will go through China Customs & your country customs legally.
[/size]​
[size=x-small]''[/size]​

Dec 4, 2010 at 10:48 AM Post #10 of 23

Quote:
``
A3:Actually,there is no law about this part in China,so it's legal.It will go through China Customs & your country customs legally.
[/size]​
[size=x-small]''[/size]​

There are no laws against theft in China?

Dec 4, 2010 at 11:00 AM Post #11 of 23
don't buy it! your not supporting the original manufacturers. they wont earn money for research.

IT'S LIKE SUPPORTING POACHING i think?

Dec 4, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #12 of 23

Quote:
don't buy it! your not supporting the original manufacturers. they wont earn money for research.

IT'S LIKE SUPPORTING POACHING i think?

LOL...possibly? sometimes...maybe...the animals are grown...not made

Dec 4, 2010 at 12:35 PM Post #13 of 23
If they're stolen then how can it be legal to sell them on eBay?

Dec 4, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #14 of 23

Quote:
Besides, the story told by the seller is quite interesting, workers can take them out of Monster's factory and the seller says it's legal???  
``
[/size]​
[size=x-small]''[/size]​

Unfortunatly forum rules do not allow me to use the correct language in this situation, but if your familiar with the HBO program by Penn and Teller then you know the word I am saying so LOUD that if you continue to take no notice of what wiser minds are telling you then you are a idiot and you deserve to have your money taken from you.

Of course there are rules regarding the theft of property in China, just like there are rules regarding me coming around your home and being invited in and then stuffing anything you own that is worth anything into my pockets and then leaving with whatever I picked up.  If you couldn't catch me wouldn't you want the police to find me and arrest me and wouldn't you want the legal authority's of the country you live in to have prepared for just this sort of event. I think that you will find that, if these earphones are indeed made in the same factory that Monsters earphones are manufactured in, then the company who owns that factory will terminate the employment of any employee who steals anything that is company property and company property happens to include anything that is being manufactured or assembled on their production lines.

There are rules regarding the theft of property all around the world and they are all amazingly similar - if I take something from you without your permission then that is theft.

Dec 4, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #15 of 23
Most likely fake. Yes, genuine Turbines are make in China, but I really doubt it's real. Tell him to send pics

EDIT: Out of all the fake Turbines I've seen on ebay, PG is never copied. I've been looking at ebay Turbines for last 6 months and according to my knowledge, there is no counterfeit PG. They either make fake regular Turbines or PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back