Question for the ladies!
Oct 3, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #77 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a girl and I love it when guys wear giant headphones, turns me on every time. The bigger the headphone, the better.

call duggeh.
Right now:

jeeklins.jpg

Oct 3, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #78 of 124
those are headphones?

Oct 3, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #80 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
those are headphones?

Yes. They're also referred to as essence of awesome

Quote:

Originally Posted by erasmus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those are on backwards, aren't they?

Only duggeh is allowed to.

Oct 3, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #81 of 124
haha I threw float model 2 into google and checked images and there are 3 pics of you in yours on the first page, is that what they are called? how can I get more info on these, google isn't helping.

Oct 3, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #82 of 124
Quote:

haha I threw float model 2 into google and checked images and there are 3 pics of you in yours on the first page, is that what they are called? how can I get more info on these, google isn't helping.

floatsmile.png
try searching head-fi
floatsmile.png

Oct 3, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #83 of 124
Quote:

That's not me in there, I'm not worthy enough to wear 'floats.
Only select few can - including reigning king of scotland, duggeh.

here are few threads:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/jec...-unite-298301/
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/jec...ctures-234036/
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/jec...el-1-a-172875/
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/jec...d-today-68300/
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/i-f...oat-iis-18933/

Oct 3, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #84 of 124
Quote:

I was sitting back and watching but as a girl, who has had very many girly roommates and is also an ex computer engineering major currently an information technology major in my opinion most girls just don't get it. All of my roommates spent all their money on clothes and shoes and makeup. their most complicated gadgets tend to be their computers which they do not understand. I wish I understood why girls don't even want to understand when it comes to technology (I tried to help them) but I think it is just that it costs too much to keep up. on move in day when I come in with my xbox 360, LCD TV, macbook pro, iphone, PDA and a huge pile of other electronic stuff they stare at me a little while unpacking their 500 lbs of clothes and 40 pairs of shoes. I do have a lot of clothes and at least 20 pairs of shoes but I don't spend a lot of time or money worrying about them. I'd much much rather buy a new video game then a new pair of stilettos. it is possible to get nice looking clothes and shoes for cheap if you don't insist on having a brand name all over yourself but most girls would rather have that then a sexy pair of cans. personally I bet I could get a lot more cute nerdy guys (my favorite) with my k701s and a Tshirt that says 'schrodinger's cat is definitely dead by now' then they can with cute jeans.

I also grew up around guys and technology, my dad is an electrical and software engineer and my mom is a computer programmer. My dad started teaching me how to play first person shooters on the PC when I was 3 years old. I've also always had a computer in my house (we have 11 now) and my dad has always had fun keeping up on the latest shiny thing to buy. this probably explains why I am so weird.

wow I talk too much

anyway what I think I was trying to say is girls think this is a waste of money. (and they also don't know how to attract nerds, which in my experience are the best guys ever, what is more sexy then intelligence?)

I find women who wear glasses to be sexy. Intelligence is sexy.

Oct 3, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #85 of 124
I should make a poll on which is more sexy, a great mind or a great body (although a lot of times you don't have to choose between them)

Oct 3, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #86 of 124
I agree, intelligence in sexy. But I have yet to encounter a girl with good knowledge in electronics... it will be interesting and definitely something I hope to bump into in the future.. hehe...

Oct 3, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #87 of 124
Sigh, I think it's funny when I force my gf to wear my headphones and then I take horrible pics of her.

I kinda hide how much I spend on my stuff, seeing as how that's money that could have been spent on her *cough* *cough*
frown.gif

I'm always poor: the anniversaries, birthday's, holidays, car repairs, etc just add up!

Oct 3, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #88 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sigh, I think it's funny when I force my gf to wear my headphones and then I take horrible pics of her.

I kinda hide how much I spend on my stuff, seeing as how that's money that could have been spent on her *cough* *cough*
frown.gif

I'm always poor: the anniversaries, birthday's, holidays, car repairs, etc just add up!

The trick is, combine every occasion into one!

It's our bibirth-christ-anniversity!! Let's celerabrate by finally getting you that 4th tire that's been missing for 2 years!
wink.gif

Oct 6, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #89 of 124
I know of plenty of girls who are tech savvy!

In fact, I have been able to turn on friends, family and yes - even sorority girls to higher quality audio. A few of them even went iPod->LOD->Cmoy/FiiO->recabled KSC-75's (painted black)/Grado sr-60's (with different colored paint)/AT-ES7 and a few got IEM's. You would be amazed with what you can hide in a purse and tote bags are all the rage right now. My brother has a set of ER-6i's that I fixed and recabled + modded HD202 (damped + recabled) with his cMoy, Cryo IC, and Zune combo.

No, I am not the only DIYer who is female - not by a long run. I am probably just around more than most/post more. However, I have been posting less and less - more out of being busy with more doing than writing.

Yeah, I easily have 40pairs of shoes in my room and far more clothes than is supposed to fit in a room this size (stuffed closet, under the bed storage, and dresser). The trick is to be a bargain shopper and wait for the big sales to go shopping for the designer labels. Just do not live beyond your means.

Patience, its a virtue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back