Question about Triple.Fi 10 Build Quality
Dec 7, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #46 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntropic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It doesn't say "use the carrying case, or earphones will fall apart, etc. etc." anywhere, does it?

"Store your earphones in your protective case for safe storage." (TF10 manual, 2007, Page 15)... but who read or follow manual anyway?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 9:36 AM Post #48 of 57
I found an ad here in the Philippines in an online forum selling TF10 Pro's at a ridiculously low, low price relative to what retailers here are charging for the product. However, given the numerous dilemmas TF10s have been receiving as of late, especially since the UE brand was taken under Logitech's corporate umbrella, do you think it's wise for me to "bite the bullet" and buy the product? Or should I instead wait and buy a pair of Westone UM3x when I go to Singapore two months from now, which, although according to most people blows apart every universal IEM in the market today, is twice as costly as the offer to me for a pair of TF10s?

Thanks in advance!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #49 of 57
I've only had mine for a day, but they don't look "weak" to me. And for the $100 AR I paid, they shatter my ER6i's which cost the same when I got them years ago.

Dec 23, 2009 at 10:07 AM Post #50 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodiuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've only had mine for a day, but they don't look "weak" to me. And for the $100 AR I paid, they shatter my ER6i's which cost the same when I got them years ago.

Jodiuh,

Good to hear from you that your new TF10 pair has found a home in your ears. When I auditioned it two years ago in Singapore, I myself was blown into smithereens. Back then, I was using a pair of MetroFi 200s. ALthough the sound signature of the MetroFi resembles that of the TF10, the difference is just way off the charts. That's why I am very much giddy in pulling the trigger for the said offer. And If I indeed pull the trigger, I'll be saving as much as 70% compared to the what is currently peddled in retail shelves.

HOwever, what I am concerned at is the after-sales warranty of the product, since my contact told me that the local distributor will not be performing repairs for the Tf10s I want to buy since it did not go through the formal retail paper trail in the first place. Although I am considering recabling them when I visit Singapore two months from now (maybe at Jaben's), as much as possible I want to maintain the original look and build of the product. Also, I've seen posts here that not only the area connecting the cable and the IEM housing is very much vulnerable to breakage, the housing itself might be prone to shattering even without abusing the said product.

Dec 23, 2009 at 11:04 AM Post #51 of 57
A friend of mine actually had the cable and the housing breakdown. For the cable that started shorting, he just ordered another one. But then the black molding actually separated from the blue body itself and the 2 wires snapped. Another friend of mine had a small enough soldering iron and fixed it for him.

So in the end, he's as good as new. It should be noted though that he not only takes these things to the gym and sweats all over them, but that he falls asleep w/ them in and probably crushed them, lol. He's not gentle by any means. I on the other hand will baby the crap out of them. They will probably never actually leave my bedside.

Dec 23, 2009 at 12:33 PM Post #53 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodiuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A friend of mine actually had the cable and the housing breakdown. For the cable that started shorting, he just ordered another one. But then the black molding actually separated from the blue body itself and the 2 wires snapped. Another friend of mine had a small enough soldering iron and fixed it for him.

So in the end, he's as good as new. It should be noted though that he not only takes these things to the gym and sweats all over them, but that he falls asleep w/ them in and probably crushed them, lol. He's not gentle by any means. I on the other hand will baby the crap out of them. They will probably never actually leave my bedside.

Wow...your friend must be maxing out his love affair with his TF10s... haha
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, I think I just had to hope that my lucky streak won't run out with this purchase.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the replies!
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 12:36 PM Post #54 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by ucrags84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, they're triple BA's and have replaceable cables. For the price though, why can't they come with decent cables?

& IMO the housing looks a little bit cheap.

And why did they change the 2-year warranty that is an industry standard? It really sucks that they're selling a three benjamin product and yet at the end of the day you feel shortchanged by their after-sales support.
frown.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #55 of 57
Two things, So far happy with my TF10 build quality but I wish other manufactures would lean from Sennhesier, with the IE8 cable. It's so much better than other removable cables. It's strong, not too thick, tangle free and quiet.

Second, I actually like my UPS guy, he is at my house at least twice a week and I have never had a problem. He even once delivered a Fed-Ex package that accidentally made it onto a UPS pallet because he recognized where it was going to. Maybe I'm the exception and not the rule....

Jan 19, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #57 of 57
The build quality dose not change much, but the unit changed. 
Let me tell you the diffrences
The old version uses UEHI BA unit (The UEHI has a more forward mids/vocal) 
The new version uses ED29689 instead. 
Right now, UE only uses UEHI in their custom IEMs. 
How to tell whether the TF10 is old or new?
The old version uses the following retail boxes:
The big black box in the early years (not the 99USD version)
The silver+blue box after Logitec's takeover. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back