Question about the Soundmagic E10s
Mar 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mugabuga

New Head-Fier
I just got my first pair of decent headphones, the Soundmagic E10s after I they were recommended here. I bought them because of their reputation for good bass while still retaining a clear sound. However, it seems like there's no bass at all unless I use the bass boost effect on my Nexus 4 or iPod Nano, after which they sound quite a bit better. Is this normal for these headphones?

Mar 22, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #3 of 5
They won't sound incredibly bassy, E10 have a slightly forward low end but nothing to extreme. Also double check you're getting a good seal by trying all the provided tips. If the seals good that's it, you're doing it right!

If you would like to boost the bass further I can recommend a FiiO E5 or E6 amp for about $25 both have bass boost EQ and E10 perform well with either.

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
If you would like to boost the bass further I can recommend a FiiO E5 or E6 amp for about $25 both have bass boost EQ and E10 perform well with either.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what's the difference between the effects I would get from the FiiO E6 versus software tweaks on my phone to get more bass?

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #5 of 5
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what's the difference between the effects I would get from the FiiO E6 versus software tweaks on my phone to get more bass?

You'd be giving the E10 more power.

Have a look at some of the apps, such as "equalizer" "Sonic Max Pro", see if they are enough for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back