1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Question about the Soundmagic E10s

1. mugabuga
    I just got my first pair of decent headphones, the Soundmagic E10s after I they were recommended here. I bought them because of their reputation for good bass while still retaining a clear sound. However, it seems like there's no bass at all unless I use the bass boost effect on my Nexus 4 or iPod Nano, after which they sound quite a bit better. Is this normal for these headphones?

2. mugabuga
    Bump

3. H20Fidelity Contributor
    They won't sound incredibly bassy, E10 have a slightly forward low end but nothing to extreme. Also double check you're getting a good seal by trying all the provided tips. If the seals good that's it, you're doing it right!

If you would like to boost the bass further I can recommend a FiiO E5 or E6 amp for about $25 both have bass boost EQ and E10 perform well with either.

4. mugabuga
    Quote:
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what's the difference between the effects I would get from the FiiO E6 versus software tweaks on my phone to get more bass?

5. H20Fidelity Contributor

You'd be giving the E10 more power.

Have a look at some of the apps, such as "equalizer" "Sonic Max Pro", see if they are enough for you.