Question about Refurbished Sennheiser IE7
Sep 25, 2010 at 10:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

JosephKim

1000+ Head-Fier
I know a seller on amazon has been selling refurb ie7 for awhile for $100. Has anyone purchased and can confirm they are real and arrives in good condition? Thanks

Sep 25, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #2 of 14
Find the refurb IE6 thread for people experiences. Those are from Adgtron also. They are authorized Senn refurbs so they should no different for the IE7. The price was $129 so it has dropped a bit.

EDIT: They dropped the IE8 price too. Not as much but $179 + $5 shipping is a good price!

Sep 25, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #3 of 14
I bought a refurbished pair of IE6s and they are just fine for $60.  Came in a few days after ordering so service was good.  I'm not really excited about the sound signature of these - could use more defined mids and better treble - but bass is fine.  But my main iems are the se535s so I can use the ie6s in situations where I don't want to use the 535s. 

Oct 25, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #4 of 14
I bought refurbished IE7s from adgtron last month and they arrived in excellent condition. No outside box, but everything was there and genuine.

Oct 25, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #5 of 14
i've heard a lot of people say he's legit but don't be so trusting. Personally, he never replied to any of my queries but that's not the point. Looking at a business point of view, he certainly could be involved in a more shady side. What is shocking to keep in mind is no matter how many positive feedback someone gets, he can still be a potential scammer.

Nov 23, 2010 at 4:57 AM Post #6 of 14
I bought a pair of IE8s from Adgtron on Amazon, and they were genuine.

Dec 29, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #8 of 14

Quote:
I just wanted to bump this thread and get some more thoughts on this guy before taking a chance on the ie7. It's either ie7 from him, or ie6 new. 

Did you ever take a chance with these? I've heard good reviews but I'd hate to have as much trouble as I've already been through with buying headphones online. Also, does anyone know what the return or repair system is for these in case they are broken when I receive them or later on?

Mar 29, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #9 of 14
I know this thread is old but note he is an authorized sennheiser Dealer so don't worry about ordering from him. He lists this in his sale lists. He would get into big trouble for falsifying that information. I ordered a pair of IE7's from him for about $94.00 before shipping $100.00 including shipping and they are genuine. They are like new as I had to burn them in took about 220 hours to burn them in. I know they are real as I own the IE8's and they are similar but different. The IE8's are more sparkly in the highs and more veiled in the mids while the IE7's are more mid centric with less bass and the highs are good but not as good at the IE8's. Good luck.

May 22, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #10 of 14
I also bought a pair of Sennheiser IE7s from Adgtron on Amazon. I was nervous until they arrived, but they are the real deal. 
beerchug.gif

May 22, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #11 of 14
I have refurbished IE7 and IE8 from Adgtron and there are both genuine.

May 22, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #12 of 14
Refurbed IE6 from adtron, was fine and a steal at 50

Jun 21, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #13 of 14
I just received a pair of refurbished IE7's from Adgtron off Amazon a week ago and after 100 hrs of burn in noticed some distortion on 2 songs, one with guitar in the right channel and another a woman's voice in rt channel.   I thought it was the IEM and sent an email to Adgtron about the problem and how to return.   In the meantime I contacted Sennheiser and checked if Adgtron really was an authorized dealer.   Two separate calls to Sennheiser confirmed he was not on their authorized list.   I contacted Lee730 about it and he contacted Adgtron by email and Adgtron's response was that they buy directly from Dakmart and their rep is Michael Mandas(also a head-fi member).   So I just now got off the phone with Michael and yes he is definately the rep and explained that Adgtron is the same as Dakmart, just that they use that name to sell on Amazon.    Dakmart and of course Adgtron are authorized Sennheiser dealers.   The refurbished Sennheiser's they sell are covered by warrantee.  (With my particular problem he as well as Lee emphasized that the source was probably the cause of the distortion I was hearing which sounds just like a partically blown speaker.   Whether it becomes a speaker issue or not, I feel very comfortable with the dealers and Sennheiser as to back their product and plan on buying refurbished IE8's from Dakmart soon.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back