Question about Q701 & ESW9
Aug 18, 2011 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

vinocos

New Head-Fier
Hi my friends, and thank you for helping.

Well, I just got my Q701 and my friend have a ESW9 yet. And we become lost when we look for the source and Amp..........
I‘m not the expert on these............
Before I got this headphone, I just own some AKG and Denon's portable headphones, so I don't have the suitable source for our headphones..........And I really need help now.........

BTW, we just have 500$...........

Aug 18, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #2 of 9
You each have $500 or what?  Do you want a portable source or desktop equipment?

Aug 18, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
You each have $500 or what?  Do you want a portable source or desktop equipment?

Totally $500, I think.

Portable source is nice.........But I’m just afraid if portable source can give enough power to Q701, because I noticed that Q701 is hardly to drive.

Aug 18, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #4 of 9
I know the Cowon J3 can handle it, and that's it.  ESW9 does not demand an amp, so you don't have to worry about that one.

Aug 18, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
I know the Cowon J3 can handle it, and that's it.  ESW9 does not demand an amp, so you don't have to worry about that one.

So, maybe she can get the J3, and I get my amp?

Aug 18, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
Quote:

Wait, what? Why are you guys sharing your money? Are you sharing your equipment?

yeah...we share our equipment...............Just because we have little money..............
BTW, we live together as classmates.

Aug 18, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
yeah...we share our equipment...............Just because we have little money.............. BTW, we live together as classmates.

I'm not sure whether to recommend you to buy a dedicated source and amplifier. Wouldn't it be a hassle when you want to listen to music? I suppose having two Cowon J3s would be the most convenient. It's a powerful and excellent player. Or you can buy something like a Matrix Cube which should be a fairly competent source for the money. I would generally avoid buying portable amps and DACs. They give very little sonic improvements for the money.

Aug 18, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:

I'm not sure whether to recommend you to buy a dedicated source and amplifier. Wouldn't it be a hassle when you want to listen to music? I suppose having two Cowon J3s would be the most convenient. It's a powerful and excellent player. Or you can buy something like a Matrix Cube which should be a fairly competent source for the money. I would generally avoid buying portable amps and DACs. They give very little sonic improvements for the money.

Thanks.
After think over that, I think I might buy a pre-owned CD player because I have more Discs......and I just found the CT570 in this Forum, will it be a good choice?
And the rest money can be enough for Matrix Cube I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back