question about cowon J3 charging and listening
Aug 17, 2010 at 9:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

windowphone7

New Head-Fier
Hi

I have just got my brand new cowon J3 today. However, I am pretty surprised at realizing that i can't play the player during charging either through USB with laptop or USB with power adapter.

I search around the internet and know that it is quite common for player not being able to play during charging through USB laptop because the computer needs to access the player and the USB only supplies around 500mh (not enough power for doing both at the same time)

However, I also got the same situation with using USB power adapter.

Does every owner get this issue? if not, what kind of power adapter or USB cable you are using in order to let you play and charge the player at the same time

thank you

Aug 17, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #2 of 5
I know you can listen to D2+ while charging through the wall outlet..I'm pretty sure it's like that for the J3 as well.

Have you tried plugging it into the charger with the player on?

Aug 18, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #3 of 5
cool , it works. 
pretty weird. 
if i don't turn on the player and then charge it with power adapter, then i can't listen to music during charging
but for your method, turn on player then charge with power adapter, it works

How can i let the player run a Folder files by clicking on Folder ? right now, whenever i click on the folder , it always moves inside the folder and only play when i click on a file

thank you

Aug 18, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #4 of 5
can't help you with that because I used with OS X and folder isn't supported...(I'm guessing you are talking about playlist?)

I just used drag and drop method and it worked fine until D2+ decided to brick itself one day

Aug 18, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #5 of 5
right now i still can't figure out how to make the folder function work in the right way(clicking play on the folder then we can play that folder including subfolder. Right now the only way to play music is to click on a FILE)
however, i think a new trick to make it work by putting a file(called A) at the same level with the folder(called F)(which has a lot of sub folders inside). So now whenever i click to play that file A (and choose to play folder option) , I can play the whole folder F 
dt880smile.png

I know it is kind of stupid to do like that but still can't figure out how to play folder by clicking on the folder

Users who are viewing this thread

Back