Q701 impressions thread
Jun 20, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #7,006 of 9,602
I'm asking anyone who has bought the Q701 in the last few years since K712 and K702-65 been released.  For you it was a price issue?

I just want to read some who have compared/auditioned and made the decision I prefer the sound of Q701 and if they don't mind, list those reasons.  It's curiosity. I don't think anyone has to justify their purchase mind you. 

Yeah, price was the main reason for me to get the q701. I was also afraid that the k712 would actually be to bassy (for what I wanted from this purchase). I've got enough other cans with plenty of bass.

Jun 20, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #7,007 of 9,602
Yeah, price was the main reason for me to get the q701. I was also afraid that the k712 would actually be to bassy (for what I wanted from this purchase). I've got enough other cans with plenty of bass.

I'm sure you've seen mention of the bass port mod too.  When you get your Q's, listen to them for awhile and they may be exactly what you are looking for.  If you feel you want a bit more bass impact, then the bass port mod will take care of that for you.

Nice thing with these is that you can decide for yourself if you want more or not 
beerchug.gif

Jun 20, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #7,008 of 9,602
@DaemonSire

Yes I sure red about it and I'm always in for some modding so I'm sure I'll try it out eventually. The thing is that I REALLY enjoy them stock at the moment so I'll keep using them this way for a bit longer before I do anything to them.

Surprisingly they sound just as fabulous from the uDac2 as from the Magni (even the bass). That's really god news for me since I plan using them at work and I'd really like to keep my Magni at home. I've got two of the uDac's so I'm pretty sure I'll bring one of them to my office along with the q701's.

Only bad thing is I like them so much that I'll probably need to find a pair for home use as well :wink:

Jun 20, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #7,010 of 9,602
Ok, couldn't resist the temptation with all this modding dirty talk :wink:

Removed the tape, put them back together and listened to them for about 30 minutes. For me the magic got lost. Modded the reminded me of the fa-011 but with better clarity. Since I've already own the Fischer's this is not what I was looking for so I turned them back to stock and the macig is back and I've got peace in my mind :)

I must say that in their stock configuration they really hit the sweet spot for me. Now I'm not a one can man (I'm more of a hoarder) so these are just perfect for my intended use.

Jun 20, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #7,016 of 9,602
Okay so now I've gotten my Q701s. My question is, Aune T1 or Schiit Vali?

Well I had an Aune T1(v1) and sold it after I got a modi/vali stack. The Schiit stack is a step up imho, but its more expensive

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #7,019 of 9,602

I'm asking anyone who has bought the Q701 in the last few years since K712 and K702-65 been released.  For you it was a price issue?

I just want to read some who have compared/auditioned and made the decision I prefer the sound of Q701 and if they don't mind, list those reasons.  It's curiosity. I don't think anyone has to justify their purchase mind you. 

The K712/Annies cost ~$350.  The Q701 costs $150-200.  They're not even close to the same price range.  Everything I've read says the K712 and Annie sound better but not $200 better.  Probably not $100.  There's also the fact that it's widely believed that the Annies and the Q701 are the exact same headphone except for the pads and the headband; $60 for new pads and you've save yourself beaucoup bucks.

guys do i need to read all 468 pages or could recommend me? 

No need to read all 468 pages.  I highly recommend you!  
beerchug.gif

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #7,020 of 9,602

The K712/Annies cost ~$350.  The Q701 costs $150-200.  They're not even close to the same price range.  Everything I've read says the K712 and Annie sound better but not $200 better.  Probably not $100.  There's also the fact that it's widely believed that the Annies and the Q701 are the exact same headphone except for the pads and the headband; $60 for new pads and you've save yourself beaucoup bucks.

No need to read all 468 pages.  I highly recommend you!  
beerchug.gif

hahaha   cracked me up 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back