Q701 impressions thread
Mar 25, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #9,377 of 9,602
Mar 25, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #9,379 of 9,602
Okay thank you. Should I play with high and medium to find a preference or is there an optimal setting?

Also would I benefit at all in buying an amp to go with my dx90 or is that a waste of money?

Yes, whatever suites you best is correct so play around :)

Mar 26, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #9,380 of 9,602
Okay thank you. Should I play with high and medium to find a preference or is there an optimal setting?

Also would I benefit at all in buying an amp to go with my dx90 or is that a waste of money?

If you feel the internal amp is good enough then use as it is, i for one, use dx90 coax to mojo then to all my headphones

May 5, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #9,381 of 9,602
I just got a pair of the Q701's from Amazon. Coming from ATH-M50's & Momentums Over-Ears....wow, initial impressions is these blow them out of the water! I am running through the Heed Canamp and it's quite astounding really. I've just been reading about the bass mod but not sure if I want to do it yet. Not really hearing much deficiency to be honest. Back to listening!

May 5, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #9,382 of 9,602
  I just got a pair of the Q701's from Amazon. Coming from ATH-M50's & Momentums Over-Ears....wow, initial impressions is these blow them out of the water! I am running through the Heed Canamp and it's quite astounding really. I've just been reading about the bass mod but not sure if I want to do it yet. Not really hearing much deficiency to be honest. Back to listening!

HF!
from what i remember the canamp suppose to be very good match to the Q701

May 5, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #9,383 of 9,602
I have these since a year and boy I love em so much!

I think these are the best headphones under 500$, due to their crystal clear studio reference headphones.

Heed Canamp is good match, because its a bit warm in tone, giving a sweeter tone to the Q701.

May 10, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #9,388 of 9,602
Amp power shouldn't change bass response. Nobody has ever been able to explain that in any of these threads, unless you're just listening louder.

May 10, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #9,389 of 9,602
Not driven well enough doesn't mean the amp don't have enough power...
its very important what sound the amp got, for example when i tried my Q with the master 9 from audio gd (using the 6.3), they sounded like every 701 hater will describe it, thin sound but very precise sounding headphones and though the bass is there and goes pretty low, there is no body to it.

As some of us in this thread already "discovered", vintage amps usually works very well with the Q701, there is body to the bass, there is even more details while having fuller mids and treble and the only down side by driving the q with vintage amp is soundstage become smaller and there is less air, but at the same time the soundstage is more defined and there is depth to it. 

May 11, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #9,390 of 9,602
Of course the amps own signature can make a difference, but raw power won't change anything alone. To get more power, there's usually changes in topology that would probably be correlated with changes in sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back