Q701 impressions thread
Jan 12, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #8,433 of 9,602
  Over the past months I've used the Q701 more than ever and I literally have two dents on my skull from the headband... :frowning2:

ahahahhahah, ahhhh...

I'm sorry, I'm only laughing because I know that feel way too well.
I guess you can call that a new kind of "burn-in"

It took me an entire month to finally decide that I loved the sound of the Q701's and decided to slice off the bumps.

Jan 12, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #8,434 of 9,602
I ended up going to Home Depot and bought a pack of rubber foam weatherseal and put it in between the bumps. The comfort has improved a lot and no one gives me any issue. I figure this should last me a very long time and costs only $3

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #8,437 of 9,602
So we can safely say that the Q701 has left an impression on you. 
tongue.gif

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #8,438 of 9,602
  So we can safely say that the Q701 has left an impression on you. 
tongue.gif

Keep trying 
wink.gif

re: bumps and masochists... a match made in Heaven (designed by Austrians, made manifest by Chinese, unless you have an early version).

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #8,440 of 9,602
Hopefully I'll be able to answer that soon. My K7xx is being delivered today so hopefully I arrive before the shop closes to pick it up or I'll pick it up on Saturday. I'll pick up my Lyr Saturday too so should have an idea :)

My K501 pads came in today so hopefully much more comfortable than the stock Q701 pads.

Jan 14, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #8,442 of 9,602
Hi! I'm new with the q701, I bought them from a headfier here.

I have one question, can bad files, bad quality filea, make something like a claking noise when listening?

I hear that claking noise with my other cans too, but is much less noticeable, those are a pair of flat jvcs, but, don't know if that's the reason or if its some noise it just can't reproduce?

Don't know, please, sorry for the English and I appreciate any help, these are supposed to be to burn in because they have just a few hours of listening...

Ohh and I forgot to say, those f@#$%g bumps!! They took like half an hour to make my brain hurt :frowning2:

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #8,443 of 9,602

I have one question, can bad files, bad quality filea, make something like a claking noise when listening?

I hear that claking noise with my other cans too, but is much less noticeable, those are a pair of flat jvcs, but, don't know if that's the reason or if its some noise it just can't reproduce?

Don't know, please, sorry for the English and I appreciate any help, these are supposed to be to burn in because they have just a few hours of listening...

Ohh and I forgot to say, those f@#$%g bumps!! They took like half an hour to make my brain hurt
frown.gif

Quickest fix for those bumps are bubble wrap.
As for the clacking noise, I am unfamiliar with that.  Plus, bad quality files create less noise than the original, not more.

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #8,444 of 9,602

Ohh and I forgot to say, those f@#$%g bumps!! They took like half an hour to make my brain hurt :frowning2:

Yeah, I thought I was going to be alright with the bumps but no, I took a razor to them in the end and glued on a piece of suede over the top...

as for the crackling, it could be the tracks. when I went to better inears I was shocked that they appeared to be buzzing with what I thought was then not coping with the bass. it turned out that the track is poorly recorded and the bass clips, I just couldn't hear it through my old gear.

not a guaranteed reason, just possibility...

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #8,445 of 9,602
That kills resale value if these headphones aren't for you. I got some rubber foam that's used for windows/doors typically and put it in between the holes and now it's comfortable. If the crackling sound is reproduced with different headphones then it should be the track.

The K501 pads are much more comfortable however it seems to bring in the treble. The Lyr should probably fix that issue with the right tubes. The K601 pads probably should do it when they get back in stock since I do recall it bringing out the bass and being extremely comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back