Q701 impressions thread
Jan 7, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #8,417 of 9,602
  From pretty much everywhere.  A lot of people are saying that the Q701's are the best headphones with the Vali, and I've heard that the Q701s pair well with tube amps.

Where is "pretty much everywhere"? Because I have never heard this. I've heard about the tube amps, but not about the Vali itself being a good pair with the Q701.

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #8,418 of 9,602

Where is "pretty much everywhere"? Because I have never heard this. I've heard about the tube amps, but not about the Vali itself being a good pair with the Q701.

Search this thread.

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #8,420 of 9,602

Search this thread.

I prefer for people to back their own assertions instead of doing their work for them. It's not that I don't believe it—it's that I've never seen the claim and want to know why the Vali is better than amps X, Y, and Z for the Q701.

What I care more about is getting an answer to the question I posted a couple of pages ago.

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #8,421 of 9,602

I prefer for people to back their own assertions instead of doing their work for them. It's not that I don't believe it—it's that I've never seen the claim and want to know why the Vali is better than amps X, Y, and Z for the Q701.

What I care more about is getting an answer to the question I posted a couple of pages ago.

That's certainly the most counter-intuitive way to ask for help that I've seen in a while...

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #8,422 of 9,602
So I bought the K501 pads today so hopefully it arrives early next week. I remember liking the K501 being very comfortable so will try it and then the K601 pads when they are available since they are on back order for 2-4 weeks.

Also this impulse buy has me changing my outlook on this hobby. I think I'll keep it simple with affordable gear but still good. I've always considered the hifi cans of yesterday to be the best value in this game (DT880, HD6x0, etc). I'll get a Schiit Lyr 2 in time. A Q701 after I get the headband to be comfortable at under $200 is a ridiculous value. I see some headphones in the K70x family in the FS theads at under $200 too so this seems to be the street price. This kind of value was unthinkable when I first got into this hobby.

Jan 8, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #8,423 of 9,602

I own the vali, and I like it.  You'll have to find a way to connect it to your computer via RCA, but it's a really good amp for the headphones.
If you really expect to get a full amp X1, X2, X3, X4... comparison, I'm afraid we can't spam the thread every time someone asks that question.
Also, chances are a lot of the people on this thread have used the Vali with the Q701s.  I think it means something when there hasn't been a single person who has disagreed with me.
If you are still not satisfied with that answer, you'll have to do your own research.  If it's that important that you that you reject TWO PEOPLES' ANSWERS, then you obviously have higher standards for your answers, and you need to find your own.  Maybe even buy the amp for yourself instead of saying our recommendation is not supported enough.

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #8,424 of 9,602
Also, you need a way to connect your Vali to your laptop.  Basically, the Vali's input is through RCA cables.  You need to find a way to connect the RCA cables to your laptop.
You also need some RCA cables.

Jan 8, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #8,425 of 9,602
Also, you need a way to connect your Vali to your laptop.  Basically, the Vali's input is through RCA cables.  You need to find a way to connect the RCA cables to your laptop.
You also need some RCA cables.

Do you need RCA cables? :p

Jan 8, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #8,426 of 9,602

Do you need RCA cables?
tongue.gif

Yes.  You need L cable and an R cable.

Jan 8, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #8,427 of 9,602
Jan 8, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #8,428 of 9,602
Coming from a headphone jack on the laptop or even a cellphone (or line out on a sound card) to the back of the Vali:

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021817&p_id=9300&seq=1&format=2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back