Q-Jays are back.
Sep 13, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #436 of 456
OK, I got the reply from them 4 days later.

"Hi xxx,
I'm sorry but we cannot do anything else for you. We can't treat this as a warranty.
Best regards JAYS Support"

Without any proper explanation they just said that I cannot get a warranty. This is exactly Scandinavian BS!
Is there any place in Head-Fi to report such scam?

Sep 13, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #437 of 456
I would think they should at least let you send the IEM in to check whether it is a user or manufacturer fault. I guess JAYS' customer service is not quite as good as it used to be.

Jan 22, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #438 of 456
I have a question about SSMCX connectors since they are quite unique.
What is the reason behind to limit this IEM to 3.5 mm termination only?

Is there any plans to offer various combinations of balanced cables?
Is there any chance to find a third party custom cable with 2.5/4.4 mm termination?
Do Astell&Kern AKR02 cables fit?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #439 of 456
I have a question about SSMCX connectors since they are quite unique.
What is the reason behind to limit this IEM to 3.5 mm termination only?

Is there any plans to offer various combinations of balanced cables?
Is there any chance to find a third party custom cable with 2.5/4.4 mm termination?
Do Astell&Kern AKR02 cables fit?

Thank you.
I was wondering the same thing, because when i plugged the q-jays to my Hiby R3, i understood what do synergy means with audio device, and it could be even better with a 2.5 balanced cable...

Jan 22, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #442 of 456
Do you know if the original cable is 4 wires all the way to the jack (has a separated ground)?

I think it’s likely there is. The SSMCX connectors are two conductor connectors per channel. Kind of difficult to design with a shared ground cable. Wire is cheap.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #443 of 456
I think it’s likely there is. The SSMCX connectors are two conductor connectors per channel. Kind of difficult to design with a shared ground cable. Wire is cheap.

If that's the case, termination to a balanced 2.5mm jack would be possible... no?
I tried a while ago to find balanced cables for this, even sending a spare cable to an expert to see if he could make me a balanced cable with the Q-Jays tiny connectors. No luck.

Jan 23, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #444 of 456
While ssmcx is already not the easiest connector to find, the special threaded ssmcx on q-JAYS is down right impossible to get. It only made worst now that JAYS themselves do not sell the normal stereo cable anymore but only the headset cable.

Jan 24, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #445 of 456
Interesting, they make an audiophile grade IEM but their cables are for the regular consumer market who use mainly smartphones and don't care much about the performance of the IEM.
Is there any chance that representatives of the company can see this thread?
If you go with very specific and unique connectors please think about those who do not use smartphones and want to get maximum performance of the q-jays.
I believe it will bring more incremental sales to you.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #446 of 456
@PetCed would have been the person to contact on the old days, but he doesn't work for JAYS anymore and I don't think they pay as much attention to us these days.

Jan 24, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #448 of 456
If that's the case, termination to a balanced 2.5mm jack would be possible... no?
I tried a while ago to find balanced cables for this, even sending a spare cable to an expert to see if he could make me a balanced cable with the Q-Jays tiny connectors. No luck.

Yes, a balanced cable should be possible. @teds headfood builds cables and he has done reterminations for me in the past. You could message him and see if he’s up to the challenge.

Glad to see this thread come alive ... I love my q-JAYS!

Jan 24, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #449 of 456
By the way, I wish the SSMCX connector that screws on was more widely used, much better than the MMCX in terms of reliability of connection.

Jan 24, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #450 of 456
Yes, a balanced cable should be possible. @teds headfood builds cables and he has done reterminations for me in the past. You could message him and see if he’s up to the challenge.

Glad to see this thread come alive ... I love my q-JAYS!

Thank you. Message sent.

P.S. No, he can not make.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back