Q-Jays are back.
Feb 13, 2015 at 9:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 456

mcdj

New Head-Fier
Fans of tiny IEMs rejoice; the much beloved, long discontinued Q-Jays are back, with dual armatures and removable cords no less. Oh, and a not so tiny price tag.

http://www.jays.se/q-jays

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #2 of 456
Man, we had so much hope for Jays and they fell off the map. Nothing really noteworthy till this and it is just a tweaked q-Jays. What happened to that Quad they were gonna make??
tongue.gif

They do look sweet but hopefully we can get a SQ comparison with the older q-Jays and they turn out to be a bit better sounding. Price, though, if it is not adjusted for other markets is excessive. Phonak tried a very expensive dual driver and now they don't make earphones anymore. Don't think they will do well at that price. $179 before maybe $299 for the current market and upgrades. Possibly $329. $449 is hard to swallow for a dual.

Not that duals can't sound great. My modded IM-02 is killer but even with mod costs added in wasn't more than $200.

Feb 13, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #3 of 456
Wow. The original was one of my first iem in this hobby. I don't recall it having a crossover design like this version.  I like the all metal body versus plastic; although I doubt it effects the sound in any way.  The graph looks promising and looks to be tuned much more on the neutral side than the original. Price wise is a bold move.  $399 for a non-smartphone cable, I don't think it's too far fetch compared to everything else of similar design now a days, IMO. I couldn't find anything on the warranty, but hopefully it should be at least 2 years.

Feb 13, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #4 of 456
q-JAYS-Earphones-2.jpg

Feb 14, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #7 of 456
Well, it is settled then. Bye, bye Jays, lol! First Phonak. Next Jays. Down with all the Swedish headphone makers!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 14, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #9 of 456
Yep, absolutely right. Knew I couldn't get away with it.  Down with all Swedish and Swiss headphones makers then. Nocs' days are numbered as well :)

Feb 15, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #10 of 456
I audition them at High Eng fair in Stockholm.
First Im not a audiofile and no golden ears I enjoy music and good sound.

The headphones are really small and lightweight and very comfortable to wear and build quality is excellent. There is much to like about them. But the sound has a lot to be desired with the idea of the price. The sound are way too sharp for my taste and it lacks bass( you need to poke the earphone way in and it would improve the bass a bit, but still lacking) and after 15minutes I didn't want to listen anymore, ear fatigue. 
For the price I would look else where.

Feb 15, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #12 of 456
Yeah, just looking at that picture with that long relief, you can see the issue now vs the older jays. The depth is limited more now so there will be more reports like ultraman's unless they come with some real long or large tip options to counter that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back