Q-Jays are back.
Sep 13, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #16 of 456
Review coming on Headfonia shortly.  I've had them for just under 3 weeks now.  Didn't really jump out and grab me at first, but the more time I've spent with them, the more I've grown to appreciate them.  One of the better earphones I've had the pleasure of reviewing this year.

Sep 14, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #17 of 456
  Review coming on Headfonia shortly.  I've had them for just under 3 weeks now.  Didn't really jump out and grab me at first, but the more time I've spent with them, the more I've grown to appreciate them.  One of the better earphones I've had the pleasure of reviewing this year.

Glad to hear you say that as i had exactly the same experience with these, love the sound after about 30 hours, just wish there was a bit more sub bass, but altogether well done to qjays team for the tuning!

Sep 14, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #18 of 456
Here is a small reversible mod - find yourself some foam (earbud's foam pad works wonder here), cut it into two small identical pieces and place it inside the removable nozzle to increase the acoustic dampening. It will take a bit of the airiness away, but gives a more textured bass and smoother treble in exchange. Note that you don't want the foam pieces to be too big or else it will over dampen the sound. Adjust as you go.

I really like the result I got.

Sep 14, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #19 of 456
  Here is a small reversible mod - find yourself some foam (earbud's foam pad works wonder here), cut it into two small identical pieces and place it inside the removable nozzle to increase the acoustic dampening. It will take a bit of the airiness away, but gives a more textured bass and smoother treble in exchange. Note that you don't want the foam pieces to be too big or else it will over dampen the sound. Adjust as you go.

I really like the result I got.

I shall def try this, tho i don't wanna screw anything, the sound you describe sounds like just what i need, thanks
beerchug.gif

Sep 15, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #20 of 456
Are you enjoying them ClieOS?

Sep 15, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #21 of 456
Sep 15, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #22 of 456
They have a signature that just seems to grow on me the more I listen to them. I even just used a little rudimentary EQ with them tonight, and they responded brilliantly well.

A touch on the expensive side yes - but for the build, fit and sonics, I can't really call them overpriced. 

Sep 19, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #23 of 456
  They have a signature that just seems to grow on me the more I listen to them. I even just used a little rudimentary EQ with them tonight, and they responded brilliantly well.

A touch on the expensive side yes - but for the build, fit and sonics, I can't really call them overpriced. 

indeed, there something about them i could never quite put my finger on, depitse knowing that the treble was flawed and bit of grit to them that istill found so hugely appealing.

the highs though seebt ohave been refined on the new one a bit, alse you guys tried hitting the bass boost button on them?  they respond VERY well to it.

Sep 19, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #24 of 456
Thanks Mark - I'll try that out.  I played a little with the tone controls an the E17K and it really helped as well.

Sep 19, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #26 of 456

indeed, there something about them i could never quite put my finger on, depitse knowing that the treble was flawed and bit of grit to them that istill found so hugely appealing.

the highs though seebt ohave been refined on the new one a bit, alse you guys tried hitting the bass boost button on them?  they respond VERY well to it.

Really flawed treble? I have been enjoying them with pleasure for last 3 days!!
redface.gif
The best earphone i have heard this year.

All i have to complain about is that its bass feels slightly sluggish and mainly it lacks any kind of L/R marking, all you can do is to keep the Flat side to the front if you have installed them properly.

Would like to share a couple of pics too!! If you heavy weights dont mind!!

Sep 19, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #27 of 456
 I have a small question, have you guys tried different tips? I tried Ety Foam tips, sounds less bassy and lively with better depth. Nothing wrong with stock tips though, they sound awesome too.

Just saying.

Sep 19, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #28 of 456

Really flawed treble? I have been enjoying them with pleasure for last 3 days!!
redface.gif
The best earphone i have heard this year.

oh i meant on the origional, they have cleaned and refined it on the new ones.  they are both similar, sounds sigs especially wuth the 2.0 just being that sanded and polished with a little lower lifting.

i mean they started as one of the best dual BA's and taken it up a notch form there.

Sep 19, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #29 of 456
  oh i meant on the origional, they have cleaned and refined it on the new ones.  they are both similar, sounds sigs especially wuth the 2.0 just being that sanded and polished with a little lower lifting.

i mean they started as one of the best dual BA's and taken it up a notch form there.

Yup.
beerchug.gif

Sep 19, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #30 of 456
Unfortunately by the sound of things my review won't be posted for another week or so (Headfonia got it last Tuesday).  I'll let you know when it's up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back