Q-Jays are back.
Nov 24, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #332 of 456
Thanks! Time for me to grab a pair then :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Nov 24, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #333 of 456
Just snagged a spare cable for my q-Jay v2 for 30% off!

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #334 of 456
Just snagged a spare cable for my q-Jay v2 for 30% off!

Did the same
beerchug.gif

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #335 of 456
That 30% deal was too good to pass up so I bought a pair along with an android cable.

I always wanted to purchase a set of the original q jays back when they were released and never had the chance to. I was on the fence when these retailed at 400 and almost bought them when the price dropped. I'm glad I waited as they are now half the price of that. This should be my only audio related black friday purchase as I was on the fence since friday and since it's sunday the sales are almost over.

Nov 27, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #336 of 456
Damn, this is tempting. Here in the northeast, it's not IEM season, and these don't look earmuff-friendly. 

Nov 27, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #337 of 456
Damn, this is tempting. Here in the northeast, it's not IEM season, and these don't look earmuff-friendly. 

hmm I usually prefer IEM in winter, but it rains a lot where I am from so fitting under a coat hood without making noise is a priority.

Depends on the earmuffs. bit q-jays are small, about as close to earmuff friendly as it gets unless your canal is super shallow or angled so it would stick straight out (for me they kind of rest in the tragus notch, sticking slightly out)

Then again, they are made of powder coated stainless steel... without the earmuffs in the cold it might be a bit like having a piece of ice resting on your outer ear :veryevil: plus you may need foam tips like me and those can be a bit of a pain in the extreme cold.

Might also check out the AAW Q (in the Null Audio black friday/cyber mon 20% sale), which in pictures look like they barely stick out from the tip. much cheaper zero audio Tenores are pretty small and made of carbon fiber which laminated so a bit more comfortable exposed to cold as well.

Nov 27, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #338 of 456
I'm from the north east as well and it's always iem season :) I usually have some kind of hoodie instead of earmuffs however.

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #339 of 456
They always mess with my peripheral vision (or my hair) so I don't usually wear a hood. Of course, I could always learn...

Nov 27, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #340 of 456
I sleep with my q-jays, using brain.fm, almost every night so these are tiny. You can always have them over ear under the earmuffs.

Nov 27, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #341 of 456
Nov 27, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #342 of 456
x3
beerchug.gif

Great price for pretty nice cables... kinda wishing they made generic cables for standard MMCX and 2-pin connectors now.

Quatro...  :wink:

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #343 of 456
I sleep with my q-jays, using brain.fm, almost every night so these are tiny. You can always have them over ear under the earmuffs.

Holy crap, do you sleep on your side with these? I wouldn't sleep with IEMs but would like to be able to lay down for a bit with them. Though I just got a Sonos PLAY:5 for when I want some musical accompaniment. 

hmm I usually prefer IEM in winter, but it rains a lot where I am from so fitting under a coat hood without making noise is a priority.

Depends on the earmuffs. bit q-jays are small, about as close to earmuff friendly as it gets unless your canal is super shallow or angled so it would stick straight out (for me they kind of rest in the tragus notch, sticking slightly out)

Then again, they are made of powder coated stainless steel... without the earmuffs in the cold it might be a bit like having a piece of ice resting on your outer ear
very_evil_smiley.gif
plus you may need foam tips like me and those can be a bit of a pain in the extreme cold.

Might also check out the AAW Q (in the Null Audio black friday/cyber mon 20% sale), which in pictures look like they barely stick out from the tip. much cheaper zero audio Tenores are pretty small and made of carbon fiber which laminated so a bit more comfortable exposed to cold as well.

Thanks for your suggestions. I have some research to do...and not enough money to carry that research out. 
confused_face_2.gif

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #344 of 456
Yes I do. I also have CIEMs (JH Audio), nicer fit, but not as good as the q-jays for sleeping on the side. I also have sennheiser momentum in ear but those are too big for sleeping on the side. I had the old q-jays which were even smaller than the current version. Great for sleeping!

Nov 28, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #345 of 456
Yes I do. I also have CIEMs (JH Audio), nicer fit, but not as good as the q-jays for sleeping on the side. I also have sennheiser momentum in ear but those are too big for sleeping on the side. I had the old q-jays which were even smaller than the current version. Great for sleeping!

I sleep with mine also. At first I was concerned because the cable seems "spindly" but it's deceiving robust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back