PX-100 owner looking for new portables.
Aug 30, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #16 of 16
Ok guys, time for a report.

I've been listening to music using the v-JAYS for the past few hours. Here's a few impressions from a guy who knows only how the PX-100 sound in the realm of semi-nice headphones:

The very first impression: it's pretty similar to PX-100, but with better middle and soundstage.
After an hour: it's nice, the bass isn't as pronounced as with the PX-100, but definitely the mids and stage give the overall experience a better feeling.
5 minutes ago I heard metal drums. Holy ass crap, it's like the real thing. I definitely like this signature.

Overall, for now, I kinda miss the bass, but considering how engaging the overall experience is, I don't think it'll last for long. And this is with a flat EQ. I suppose I can get better bass from them by lowering mids a bit, however they're so good I tried it once and immediately  went back to flat. Anyway, I didn't know that headphones could kick with mids. It's the most surprising thing I have heard in a long time. :)

Update probably coming soon, after I burn them in or whatever (I don't necessarily believe in that), more like listening to them over a longer period of time.

Once again, thank you guys, these are fantastic headphones. I can't wait to hear everything that I like on them. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back