PX 100 Appreciation
Jan 13, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #61 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSuBaSa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sq/price ratio is unbeatable but my pm100's rigt driver buzzed all the time(not a hair thing) so I had to give up on that one...

One of my pair does that too. Does that mean it's worn out? Is there a fix for this?

Jan 13, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #62 of 111
I've been considering these for a looong time. Not sure why I have not bought them yet, but I am now.

Team PX-100 ... Where do I sign?

Jan 14, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #63 of 111
They are by far some of my favorite headphones.I have two pairs and would not trade them for anything.When I need a break from my Grados/Alessandro the px100's are the perfect remedy for me.Very light and comfortable with a smooth sound I just love ! I use them all the time with all three of my home amps.

Jan 14, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #64 of 111
It's sad to say I've parted with my PX100's.

My girlfriend has claimed them as her own..
frown.gif

No doubt I'll be getting another pair though
biggrin.gif

Jan 14, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #68 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
listening to these amped, late at night an unfatiguing sound is really appreciated and easy to wear...

Agreed Panda,that is the main time for my listening pleasure.I just got a new tube amp and the px100's has excellent synergy with it..Even with my solid state amps...and sometimes unamped straight out of my soundcard still sounds great.Just cant beat these for an average price of $38 bucks.

Jan 14, 2008 at 8:23 AM Post #70 of 111
PA2V2 for me. Only amp I own.
wink.gif

Jan 14, 2008 at 9:59 AM Post #71 of 111
Is it possible to switch sides the drivers on the headband?

I've been listening to my 100's for 4+ hours. After awhile I've noticed they were clamping on the back part of my ears. The driver swivel things makes it so they fold forward.

I would like them to fold backwards to better shape with my ears. I could just wear them 'backwards' but the sound would be backwards too...

Jan 14, 2008 at 10:20 AM Post #72 of 111
I've had my PX100 for years now. It's outlived my iPod Shuffle and now I'm using it with my Meizu M3. Best $60 ever spent!

I use it as my bedtime rig and it's comfy enough while lying on a pillow. It sounds great too!

Though after listening to the K701 and W5000 for months, I'm finding the PX100 bass a bit too heavy.

As for amps, I've used them with a HeadSix for a while and didn't seem to notice much difference.

Jan 14, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #74 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHamm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what is a good amp for the PX100? What are you all using? Do tell!
wink.gif

The three amps I use them with:
Gilmore Lite w/DPS
Z-Audio Lambda(used as a home amp with Elpac)
Little Dot MKIII

Jan 16, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #75 of 111
My oldpx100s are no longer under warranty.
frown.gif

They seem to distort/rattle, constantly in my left ear phone. Are these a lost cause, or is there a DIY fix for them? There is a service center in my country, but if the cost is even 10$, I may as well buy a new set. Or a different headphone, just for a change. Portapros or KSC75s Kinda makes sense to try a new phone to let my ears develop a different "palette."

If that makes sense.
smily_headphones1.gif

These px100s were my constant companion over a year though, and like many newbies here at head-fi, these were my entry to high quality sound. Will be sad to say goodbye.

I actually still use these to listen to talk podcasts. I don't have a portable phone now that I've upgraded to sr80s. But the form factor and comfort of these headphones is still amazing.

On the other hand, the white ones look like fun. The color change can provide a silly excuse to just get the same pair.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back