PX 100 Appreciation
Jan 17, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #76 of 111
i <3 my px100s!!! while they r a little heavy on bass, they're not overwhelmingly so. they're the best headphones i have! i wonder if the white one and the black ones are any different

Jan 18, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #78 of 111
I've listened to the PX100 numerous times, really liked them, but for whatever reason, just never bought one. I did now and they sound great!

They need breaking in, but are much cleaner than my aging portas. The are great with my laptop. I like them on my iPod too, but I have KSC/35's amd those are easier to carry.

Now I just have to find a respectable amp. One for my computer that will cover all my current and "yet to be discovered" phones.
wink.gif

Apr 21, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #80 of 111
Old thread, but showing some love for the PX100s. I just bought them used from the FS forums for 20$.

I have to say they are REALLY dark, even compared to my 650s they seem MUCH darker. The bass is very punchie for sure.

I cant really tell, but is there a slight roll off of the mids?

For 20$ i couldnt resist at all, they sound MUCH MUCH bigger then their size. Its almost shocking how large the soundstage is on these.

Anyone dime mod the pads? Maybe lift alittle bit of the veil sound?

I have to say this though, they sound MUCH better hooked up to my Govibe amp. Its a huge difference in the clarity and it tightens up the bass a tad. Im using a AD8620 in my govibe now, will try a AD823 later on.

Apr 27, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #81 of 111
I love the sound of mine, they are awesome unamped so it's a great for portable use. The only issue with mine is that the cables are all twisted up and won't lay flat against my neck. Any fixes?

Apr 27, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #82 of 111
i would let it hang for a while ...maybe put a adapter on it to give it alittle (and i stress ALITTLE) weight to keep the cable straight. Leave it for a while (few days, maybe a week) and it should straight out. Its really thin, so again A SMALL amount of weight on the cable.

Apr 27, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #84 of 111
Np, can run your fingers along the cord while pinching it slightly, do that before you hang it up, maybe repeat it every day or few days. Not enough to tug the wire out, careful not to actually stretch it. Just straight it slightly...get the twists out of it.

Apr 28, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #85 of 111
Recable!
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #86 of 111
you know, thats really not a bad idea at all.

Apr 28, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #88 of 111
Might be able to find a DIY type person to get it done for you. I mean its really not that hard of a job.

If Flecom was coming to Canjam, i would ask him. Maybe if i see someone messing around with a soldering gun, ill ask him if i can give him 10$ or something to quickly resolder the wires.

Jun 4, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #89 of 111
Sorry to resurrect this thread but I bought a pair of PX100 headphones and I really like them. They sound great when coupled with my Zune.

Thanks to everyone who posted here, as you were a valuble part of my research.

Jun 4, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #90 of 111
I just got a pair of PX100 headphones too based mainly on the positive feedback I read here and elsewhere. I kind of like them, but I have mixed feelings about them. It has been mentioned that they "veil" the sound somewhat. I hear this especially when listening to my minidisc walkman. I find they respond very differently depending on the player used and the kind of music (although you can say that about most phones).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back