PX 100 Appreciation
Jun 4, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #91 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got a pair of PX100 headphones too based mainly on the positive feedback I read here and elsewhere. I kind of like them, but I have mixed feelings about them. It has been mentioned that they "veil" the sound somewhat. I hear this especially when listening to my minidisc walkman. I find they respond very differently depending on the player used and the kind of music (although you can say that about most phones).

My son has a pair that he uses out of his Clix, I think it's a very muddy combo. I borrowed the PX100s the other night to listen out of a laptop and Audigy 2 ZS, I was surprised how detailed they were; tho' still 'warm' it was a very nice and relaxing listen.

Jun 4, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #92 of 111
ya their a bit on the dark side, the bass is alittle to much at times...however, the soundstage is nice and large, detail is there (not the most detail in a portable, but certainly not the least) and they do sound smooth, smooth enough to listen for hours.

Jun 5, 2008 at 7:14 AM Post #93 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by r@mside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My son has a pair that he uses out of his Clix, I think it's a very muddy combo. I borrowed the PX100s the other night to listen out of a laptop and Audigy 2 ZS, I was surprised how detailed they were; tho' still 'warm' it was a very nice and relaxing listen.

That's right, it's actually hard to say how good a headphone is on its own. What you use to play it with, and what kind of music, are just as important. I'm actually getting the best results listening to cds with the px100 on my kids' cheapo ghetto blaster! I have the feeling that the px100s need to be equalized to sound good. The headphone outs (no EQ) from my other devices (much higher quality) don't sound so good.

Jun 5, 2008 at 9:37 AM Post #94 of 111
my px100s sound much better from a nokia phone than my ipod because the nokia gives it a bright sound with less midbass which is very good for them. Theres a certain liquidity to these px100s that even the more expensive grado sr60s cant match

Jun 5, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #95 of 111
My $.02, I really like them and have purchased a 2nd pair, one for work and one for home. The main advantage is they are small, light, one piece rather than 2 like KSC-75, and have good sound.

Jun 6, 2008 at 8:21 AM Post #96 of 111
How do these last against being tossed around in a bag (imagine it being crushed against the ground, several layers of clothing and football boots? Will they last? Planning to use these and my Clip for an ultraportable.

Jun 6, 2008 at 8:23 AM Post #97 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbrad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My $.02, I really like them and have purchased a 2nd pair, one for work and one for home. The main advantage is they are small, light, one piece rather than 2 like KSC-75, and have good sound.

ksc75 are so much smaller lol :wink: and cheaper!

Jun 6, 2008 at 8:24 AM Post #98 of 111
But the PX100 fold
tongue.gif
!

Jun 6, 2008 at 8:28 AM Post #99 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4saken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But the PX100 fold
tongue.gif
!

true true
biggrin.gif

i've never heard the px100.. oh wait, i heard the pmx100, they were very nice.. they're the same thing right?

Jun 6, 2008 at 12:41 PM Post #102 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow the portapros have great frequency response except for the lack of deep bass

It's really hard to know what phones are like just reading peoples experiences. I am thinking of getting the portapros as I'm a bit disappointed at my px100 over-boomy bass and lack of highs. Funny thing is, reading through the comments on a German audio site, I was surprised to see that many people described the portapros as having a real big bass sound (some even finding it too bassy!) Now I don't know where I am..
confused.gif

Jun 6, 2008 at 2:08 PM Post #103 of 111
You answered you question already, you like crispy highs, so KSC75 are for you, imo. And their bass is not boomy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's really hard to know what phones are like just reading peoples experiences. I am thinking of getting the portapros as I'm a bit disappointed at my px100 over-boomy bass and lack of highs. Funny thing is, reading through the comments on a German audio site, I was surprised to see that many people described the portapros as having a real big bass sound (some even finding it too bassy!) Now I don't know where I am..
confused.gif

Jun 6, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #104 of 111
try the koss mac5. i havent heard the ksc75s but at the time i tested all the koss models at a chain store, the mac5s were my favorite. I even liked them more than the portapro at the time. less bassy and wider more open sounding

Jun 7, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #105 of 111
Just got a pair of PX 100 today. I have read a lot of good things about these and I saw them on sale plus the whole upgrade thing senn is doing so I decided why not. I put a few hours on them and then started comparing them with my KSC75 and I find the PX100 have a more fuller sound overall. The KSC75 do have more detailed highs but I think I like the PX100 more. Plus theyre also more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back