PX 100 Appreciation
Jun 7, 2008 at 8:05 AM Post #106 of 111
Wow, yesterday i went to a music & accessories store to try out PX100... at first i didnt have expectation coz they looked like David in front of the Goliaths (HD555, HD595)

but when i plugged my iPod and put them on...i could believe such a small pair could produce such an awesome sound..even the Bass was so Good..

and man they are sooo cheaper than BOSE (Buy.Other.Sound.Equipment)..

Perfect Portable headphones one can buy... and they are PERFECT as a gift.

biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2008 at 8:15 AM Post #108 of 111
I'm a huge PX-100 fan. I love the comfort, the soundstage, and the ample bass. Yet, I suspect there's probably even more audio nirvana out there. I don't, however, have much opportunity to listen to a variety of more expensive cans. If I had $400-$500 to spend on an another set of cans, what cans do you think would be a synergistic "big brother" or "high end" version of the PX-100's? Maybe the HD650 or D2000, or something else?

Jul 3, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #109 of 111
well it sure beats e2c it replaced. to me, even the much more expensive atrio m5s didnt sound quite as good as these. very unfatiguing yet engaging sound, not overly boomy and no piercing highs.

The only complaint is how easily the earpads come off. maybe its just me, but I am on my second pair and one of them is lost yet again
frown.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 11:36 AM Post #110 of 111
I've got to stop buying these headphones. So far I've bought 4 pairs of PX100s and haven't sold any of them. All of them are the older version, two basic gray/black and two retros (black/yellow).

So far I'm liking these best with Sony D-250 (European version of the D-25 portable cd-player). D-250 is a tad light on the bass and has a little elevated treble. So it suits the PX100s great. And the overall sound quality through the headphone out of D-250 is far better than any DAP I've heard.

The second best match is 1st gen iPod Shuffle. Cheap and easy combo to take with me when travelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back