Putting headphones in the Fridge?
Aug 28, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #31 of 47
What about the moisture trapped in the bag? 

Since the headphones are so cold when you take them out of the bag, warm air's going to condense on them anyways. 

Quote:
interesting....i think ill try putting them in a ziplock bag and freezing them for 30 minutes or so and let the condensation collect around the bag as opposed to the headphones. I have a feeling that a cooler driver means more detail.

Aug 28, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #32 of 47

Quote:
What about the moisture trapped in the bag? 

Since the headphones are so cold when you take them out of the bag, warm air's going to condense on them anyways. 

hmmm...a valid point. I guess i wont be trying this anytime soon...until the weather gets cooler then ill just outside for a bit and see what happens

Aug 28, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #33 of 47
Quote:
In my Sony R10's i like to put i little fine wine in their, and it makes the music sparkle! After than i remove all the drivers,etc; and use it as a little tea cup
biggrin.gif

Wine isn't sparkling, foo'. 

Tiesto: >__>

Aug 28, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #36 of 47
uuugh I just found my Cowon D2 in the fridge after a couple hours.... by mistake. iIt was in the bag with the japanese food I grabbed earlier. I guess that means it will be worth more and sound better though. Oh i actually have some PWB Rainbow Foil and creme electret samples I could put on to complete the deal. Still haven't tried those samples yet.

Aug 28, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #37 of 47

Quote:
uuugh I just found my Cowon D2 in the fridge after a couple hours.... by mistake. iIt was in the bag with the japanese food I grabbed earlier. I guess that means it will be worth more and sound better though. Oh i actually have some PWB Rainbow Foil and creme electret samples I could put on to complete the deal. Still haven't tried those samples yet.

I'd advise putting it in a bag with rice, just in case. I'd be worried about condensation as it warms up. Might be unnecessary, but better safe than sorry :)

Aug 28, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #38 of 47
well too late now I'll try it in the morning and see if it works. Good idea. Next time if there is one I'll try that . At least this way if it's ruined I can get a J3. I'm looking for a good excuse to get one.

Aug 28, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #39 of 47

Quote:
I'd advise putting it in a bag with rice, just in case. I'd be worried about condensation as it warms up. Might be unnecessary, but better safe than sorry :)

If you use rice you'd be wise to include a bag of pea and carrot medley, say perhaps from Green Giant.  Toss in a few scrambled eggs to round it all out.  In the DIY community this is called '#1 House Special combination'. 

Aug 28, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #40 of 47

Quote:
If you use rice you'd be wise to include a bag of pea and carrot medley, say perhaps from Green Giant.  Toss in a few scrambled eggs to round it all out.  In the DIY community this is called '#1 House Special combination'. 

Pea and carrot medley really colors the sound, I'd advise against it if you want a uncolored presentation.

Aug 28, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #41 of 47

Quote:
Pea and carrot medley really colors the sound, I'd advise against it if you want a uncolored presentation.

Oh, so you prefer the lunch special then.  I see.

Aug 28, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #42 of 47
I'm a craft beer drinking and I like to get really wasted and listen to my cans. They definitely sound better, especially when I start getting into the 10%+ ABV beers. I think the quality of the beer dictates the tone.

Aug 29, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #44 of 47

Quote:
I think that you need something much colder than a freezer if you want to "cryo" treat your headphones... Just a hunch. 

I brought that up about 40 posts ago, it's really not relevant obviously.  I just crave Chinese food now.

All of this is really irrelevant if you don't freeze your CD's, hard drives and DAPs too.  Your source will still be the weak link.

Now that I think of it....You could run a Peltier cooler as a damper on the back of the magnet and any acoustic foam would act to absorb and dissipate potential condensation from an open phone.  Hmmm.  The trick would be actually finding a decent, small sized Peltier that actually works.

Aug 29, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #45 of 47

Quote:
I brought that up about 40 posts ago, it's really not relevant obviously.  I just crave Chinese food now.

All of this is really irrelevant if you don't freeze your CD's, hard drives and DAPs too.  Your source will still be the weak link.

Now that I think of it....You could run a Peltier cooler as a damper on the back of the magnet and any acoustic foam would act to absorb and dissipate potential condensation from an open phone.  Hmmm.  The trick would be actually finding a decent, small sized Peltier that actually works.

I see a bigger issue. Besides the Chinese food.  You'll need a dedicated power supply to run the Peltier.  Newegg might have a few built for PC's which would be a **** good fit for most headphones, but I think that the sound would be changed by the coolers. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back