PureSound ClarityOne Review
Dec 12, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #61 of 70
Nice! Never knew you got them. Glad to hear that you share the same view as dfkt and I with respect to bass. 
smile.gif

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #63 of 70
I'd be interested to know just the same, especially since james and I share a common appreciation for moving armatures. 
smile.gif

Dec 12, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #64 of 70
Quote:
Seems James444 got a bit more curious about them. :) He only heard them before briefly in a café, but now I loaned them to him for longer. While I'm sure they won't really match his personal taste, I'm curious about his opinion about certain aspects of the C1.

Quote:
I'd be interested to know just the same, especially since james and I share a common appreciation for moving armatures. 
smile.gif

Terribly sorry to disappoint you my friends, but I just gave up on them after less than ten minutes. Will try again after a good night's rest...
redface.gif

Dec 12, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #66 of 70
Thanks for taking it lightly...
smile_phones.gif
  Second take on these in the morning and I'm using tips with smaller opening, whch help to tame the highs a bit and make them sound fuller. I can definitely see why some of you like them, the name says it all, these are tuned for utmost clarity. Plus, they're pretty fast for DDs in that price range and handle my insanely paced death metal test track (Origin - The Aftermath) admirably. My main gripe is with their highs, they're just the opposite of smooth in my book and it mainly shows with classical. Don't get me wrong, normally I'm a treble guy and I love those lively upper ends on the Sony EX's, FX700 and FADs, but there's something about the C1's highs, a certain kind of "unevenness" that make them rather hard to digest for me. Hmmm...

Dec 13, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #67 of 70
Quote:
Thanks for taking it lightly...
smile_phones.gif

No reason not to, my dear friend. In all honestly, had you (or anyone, for that matter) declared them the worst in-ears you've heard to date, I'd have respected your (and their) opinion no less, and I do mean that. No matter how differently we may hear something, gotta' tell it like it is, and stay true to our own ears above all else. You've done just that. 
smile.gif

I'll say this much, however. Give them some time, they may just grow on you, and I personally recommend the Monster foam supertips first and foremost, with which their highs do settle down to a noticeable degree, yet still retain a good bit of presence. Else, if they still don't grow on you, who cares, I say! No harm done. Onward we go... 
tongue.gif

P.S. I'm in full agreement with the high end; always have been, from day one.

Dec 14, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #68 of 70
Now that I have about 50 hours on these they've really started to sound much smoother in the top end though still bright.  With a little EQ'ing you can get them to sound pretty good especially with electronic music.  At first I was kinda disappointed with them and the $112 I had to pay but they've started to grow on me and get a lot more play now though still not as much as my TF10's.

Sep 20, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #70 of 70
Man these must not be very good compared to their price because no one talks about them at all.  A friend of mine bought a pair of ebay for like $100 and he's going to let me borrow them for a review and he likes them but the IEM he had before was the every mans Klipsch S4.  I tried to get him to get the R-50 but he likes bass and didn't want to spend $150 for the EPH-100 or GR07 and the ClarityOne I guess have good bass.  There's not much out there about these and jokers review doesn't lend much confidence in their sound quality but you never know I might like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back