PureSound ClarityOne Review
Nov 25, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #32 of 70
Seems I've found (yet again) an excellent tip combination for the ClarityOne. The Vsonic biflanges, as are shown below on the GR07:

They're extremely comfortable to wear for hours on end, and from the highs on down, they sound fantastic. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #33 of 70
I'm currently listening to the newly released UKF Dubstep 2011 album, and I've yet to hear anything sound as exceptional as the C1 for dubstep, not the FXT90, not the EX600, not the GR07, nor anything under the $250 price point for that matter. I'm currently using the medium Monster foam SuperTips, and the bass texture is simply incredible, while weight and impact easily excels any one of the aforementioned. They truly are the most ideal in-ears for dubstep, no question about it as far as I'm concerned. 
basshead.gif

Nov 30, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #34 of 70
Spent much of yesterday listening to the C1, mostly with my deadmau5 albums, and the bass texture sounds levels above their price point. Ever since I've tried the monster foam supertips, I haven't looked back. They offer the best overall comfort, as well as SQ. Going back to the very same tracks in which I detected a noticeable amount of sibilance, there's not even a trace of sibilance/harshness with the foam supertips. I'd have to say that the C1 is now my second favorite bass-heavy in-ear to date, second only to the FX700, which is quite a mouthful considering the difference in price between the two. However, neither one sounds muddy, nor lacking control, and overall low end quality is well above average in either ones case. 
basshead.gif
 I urge anyone in search of a well balanced in-ear that doesn't break the bank, with a weighty, yet controlled low end, to pay the C1's a visit. The in-line mic is also a welcome addition, and makes them my preferred choice as my exclusive mobile earphones. 
smile.gif

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #35 of 70

Quote:
Spent much of yesterday listening to the C1, mostly with my deadmau5 albums, and the bass texture sounds levels above their price point. Ever since I've tried the monster foam supertips, I haven't looked back. They offer the best overall comfort, as well as SQ. Going back to the very same tracks in which I detected a noticeable amount of sibilance, there's not even a trace of sibilance/harshness with the foam supertips. I'd have to say that the C1 is now my second favorite bass-heavy in-ear to date, second only to the FX700, which is quite a mouthful considering the difference in price between the two. However, neither one sounds muddy, nor lacking control, and overall low end quality is well above average in either ones case. 
basshead.gif
 I urge anyone in search of a well balanced in-ear that doesn't break the bank, with a weighty, yet controlled low end, to pay the C1's a visit. The in-line mic is also a welcome addition, and makes them my preferred choice as my exclusive mobile earphones. 
smile.gif

How about with the zo? also, how would you compare their bass with the miles davis tributes? too bad the supertips didnt fit me T.T

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #36 of 70
I've really been wanting to try some good dynamic IEM's as all I have ever had were BA's.  After reading your review I'm tempted to pick some up.  So for someone that has Ety's and TF10's would these be a good set to add to my collection because I really don't want to spend over $150 on some dynamics.

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #37 of 70
Quote:
How about with the zo? also, how would you compare their bass with the miles davis tributes? too bad the supertips didnt fit me T.T

I've just sent you an answer via PM. 
smile.gif

Quote:
I've really been wanting to try some good dynamic IEM's as all I have ever had were BA's.  After reading your review I'm tempted to pick some up.  So for someone that has Ety's and TF10's would these be a good set to add to my collection because I really don't want to spend over $150 on some dynamics.

The C1 is much closer to the TF10 than the Ety's, in that they're fun and bassy. Unlike the TF10's however, the C1's midrange is far from recessed. The C1's overall presentation is warm, slightly intimate, and well balanced. Not to mention, fit is not at all an issue, and the C1 is just as easily worn as it is removed. It isn't the only consideration, however, and if I am to recommend the C1, I'd equally recommend the FXT90, EX600, and GR07, all of which I'd classify as excellent dynamic in-ears. As is always the case, it'll come down to preference. I personally recommend reading up on each of the aforementioned, and narrowing down to whichever one(s) piques your interest most. That said, the ClarityOne is certainly a good dynamic in-ear, and for the genres I've mentioned earlier throughout the thread, it's probably the most fun and enjoyable one among the aforementioned in-ears.

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #38 of 70
Also looking for a DD (after deciding against the TF10 due to lack of bass impact and recessed mids).  The C1 sounds interesting. I wonder how they compare to FA Tandem, M5, FXT90 (are C1 as bright), Brookstone "Clear" dual driver (supposed to be similar to DDM/DDM2 in terms of bass impact, treble and general sound sig.  

Quote:
Quote:

I've just sent you an answer via PM. 
smile.gif

The C1 is much closer to the TF10 than the Ety's, in that they're fun and bassy. Unlike the TF10's however, the C1's midrange is far from recessed. The C1's overall presentation is warm, slightly intimate, and well balanced. Not to mention, fit is not at all an issue, and the C1 is just as easily worn as it is removed. It isn't the only consideration, however, and if I am to recommend the C1, I'd equally recommend the FXT90, EX600, and GR07, all of which I'd classify as excellent dynamic in-ears. As is always the case, it'll come down to preference. I personally recommend reading up on each of the aforementioned, and narrowing down to whichever one(s) piques your interest most. That said, the ClarityOne is certainly a good dynamic in-ear, and for the genres I've mentioned earlier throughout the thread, it's probably the most fun and enjoyable one among the aforementioned in-ears.

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #39 of 70
Thanks for the info and I've heard good things about the GR07's as well so I'm going to check thoughs out to.

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #40 of 70
Quote:
Also looking for a DD (after deciding against the TF10 due to lack of bass impact and recessed mids).  The C1 sounds interesting. I wonder how they compare to FA Tandem, M5, FXT90 (are C1 as bright), Brookstone "Clear" dual driver (supposed to be similar to DDM/DDM2 in terms of bass impact, treble and general sound sig.  

As far as dual dynamics are concerned, I personally prefer the more transparent FXT90, over the DDM2. My comparison between the C1 and FXT90 can be found in the second post of this thread. To answer your question, the C1 is slightly warmer than the comparatively brighter FXT90. However, as of late, I've become equally fond of both, for different reasons. Simply put, I find the C1 more fun and enjoyable, while the FXT90 is far more accurate. Depending on my mood, I switch back and forth between the two quite often. I heavily prefer both to the TF10, especially in regards to the low end. There are very few BA's that do it for me in terms of their low end, whereas most of my dynamics meet all expectations in that regard. To each his own, of course. 
smile.gif

P.S. I've yet to listen to any of the ones shown above in bold.

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #41 of 70
I went ahead and pick up some ClarityOnes, they just seem like a pair of good dynamics to start with at $112.  When I get them I'm going to A/B'em with my TF10's and HF5's.  I also like the look of the C1's they seem like they will fit really good and be comfortable to wear for long periods of time.

Dec 1, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #42 of 70
Quote:
I went ahead and pick up some ClarityOnes, they just seem like a pair of good dynamics to start with at $112.  When I get them I'm going to A/B'em with my TF10's and HF5's.  I also like the look of the C1's they seem like they will fit really good and be comfortable to wear for long periods of time.

Please do, and post back here if you don't mind. A word of advice, there's a good chance you'll find their highs much too shrill with the stock tips (as I still do to be honest), hence I'd recommend any one of the tips I've mentioned in the very first post, of which the Monster foam SuperTips are the most noteworthy, and offer the best balance between SQ and comfort. 
smile.gif

Dec 1, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #43 of 70

Quote:
Quote:

Please do, and post back here if you don't mind. A word of advice, there's a good chance you'll find their highs much too shrill with the stock tips (as I still do to be honest), hence I'd recommend any one of the tips I've mentioned in the very first post, of which the Monster foam SuperTips are the most noteworthy, and offer the best balance between SQ and comfort. 
smile.gif

Will do but don't the Comply 400's work just as good, I tend to like them more.

Dec 1, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #44 of 70
Comply's work quite well in terms of comfort, but the highs sound a tad too smooth and laid-back with the Comply's, and lose their edge almost altogether. Not so much with the Monster foams, but you may come to prefer the Comply's, so we'll let your ears decide. 
smile.gif

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #45 of 70
Yea i'll try them both to see which I like.  

I just have to say every time I go to the ClarityOne site and read all the hype they give them on one hand it gets me so pumped up to hear them but on the other hand I know it can't be that good.  Now I'm not saying that they will under preform but I just can't see them at only $112.49 (thats how much I paid) be the so called "perfect sound experience".  I will for sure let you know what I think of them compared to my other IEM's that cost about the same, well my TF10's I got during the black friday sale so if they aren't as good as those it want be a big deal though I think they'll be more fun than my Ety's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back