PureSound ClarityOne Review
Dec 8, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #46 of 70
I bought my own pair recently based on this review and the discount code (which was still active as of Black Friday weekend). It just arrived today and I'm listening to some music at work. My work setup is very basic - pretty much just a HeadRoom Bithead to get music over USB instead of the internal sound card. The only music I have in FLAC at work is Alison Krauss & Union Station's Paper Airplane.

What I like most about them is the fitting ease - really quick & easy to insert and remove them, unlike the Etymotic HF5 and MEElec A151 that I also recently got.

But these sound really good too and I can't really come up with any major complaints either. Plenty of deep bass, moreso than the HF5 or A151, and the overall sound is surprisingly cohesive. I think the HF5 has more clarity (and definitely more treble, which I prefer) but these aren't far behind.

Really nice IEMs and I think I'm going to buy another one as a gift for someone I know.
smile.gif

Dec 8, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #47 of 70
Glad to hear that, my friend. I'm sure it'll be quite some time before |joker| has the chance to complete and post his own review, but the C1 truly does deserve more mention around these parts. After my review, I certainly hope most know where I stand, and I can say with full confidence that the C1 performs well above it's price point, especially when combined with the right tips, which I've highlighted in my review. There's just no denying it, however, the many top tiers I own have simply spoiled my ears, else I'd never have even considered listing my very own pair of C1's up for sale. Even so, I've recommended the C1 to quite a few friends and family, and they've all expressed nothing but praise in return. However, I don't wish to unnecessarily hype them, as they're certainly among a tough crowd of very competent contenders, all at the $150 and below mark, such as the EX600, FXT90, GR07, HJE900, Atrio M5, etc. That said, the C1 is as equally deserving of merit as any one of the aforementioned. Granted, as always, the decision will be purely based on the listener's preference. 
smile.gif

Dec 8, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #48 of 70
Thats good to hear I hope mine get hear by next week so I can give them a good listen and a/b them with some others.

Dec 8, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #49 of 70
Well UPS just dropped mine off 3 days after they were shipped which is really good compared to the week or more for other people, so A+ on shipping.

First impressions are good even without a burn in.  Bass is very nice with good depth nice and smooth I like it a lot.  The mids and highs at least right now are somewhat to bright but have good clarity and with some EQ'ing and a burn in I think it will smooth out.  I'm going to let them burn in for a good 30 or 40 straight hours then give them another listen but I can see some good potential with these especially at their price point.

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #50 of 70
Quote:
The mids and highs at least right now are somewhat to bright but have good clarity and with some EQ'ing and a burn in I think it will smooth out.

If you happen to own any one of the tips listed under the first post, any one of them should help tame the highs (to varying degrees), and bring out the mids. Else, as a general rule of thumb, try any other tips with a narrower opening than the C1's own bore, and you'll almost immediately notice the difference. I've got over 200 hours on mine, and I still can't comfortably use them with the stock tips. But when coupled with any one of the tips I've listed earlier, I can and have enjoyed them for hours on end. 
smile.gif

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #51 of 70
Yea I used some comply tips and it did help a lot but it just sounds much brighter than my TF10's but for a IEM under $150 there not bad.  I've got them burning in right now, I have about 15 2 disc mixed comps I'm putting them through so by Saturday they should have about 40 hours on them then I'll give'em another listen.

After letting them play for 6 hours I gave them another listen and while not bad for the price their not going to come close to the sound of my TF10's.  The bass is good mids are very forward and the highs are just that HIGH.  The sound stage is not that great to me it all sounds a little compressed and theres not much separation.  I didn't expect them to compete with the 10's so thats not a fair comparison but for sub $150 IEM's their not a bad choice but what their web site claims just isn't true.  I'll check back after the 40 hour burn in.

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #52 of 70
Now after a good 24 hours on them they have opened up nicely and are much more coherent.  The sound stage has improved and with some EQ'ing they sound really quite good.  The bass is the best part and is my favorite IEM as far as that goes but my TF10's still sound better in every other way.  Not to say the C1's aren't good because for the price I still think they compare well with other sub 150 IEM's and I'll still keep them for more of a outdoor or workout pair as they do fit much better than my 10's.  All in all a good pair that I would recommend to someone wanting good bass with nice "clarity" for under $150.

Dec 10, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #53 of 70
The TF10 certainly has it's admirable traits, but the C1's low end is quite possibly the best I've heard within it's price range. Glad to see you've found a place for both of them, my friend. 
smile.gif

Dec 10, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #54 of 70
Yea thanks for the review that made me pull the trigger it was spot on.

Dec 10, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #59 of 70
I sold off my MG7 just a few days ago, my friend. Between the two, I'd personally take the C1 over the MG7, as I found the latter a tad too dark in comparison. While the C1 is more open and airy in presentation, with greater stage width, it doesn't quite compete with the overall detail and clarity of the MG7 (particularly in terms of the midrange), nor is the C1 as bottomless as the MG7, which boasts little mid-bass, but monstrous sub-bass, while the C1 is a blend of both sub and mid-bass. Between the two, however, the C1 boasts better high end extension, and is comparatively brighter and more crisp. Though the right/wrong tips make all the difference here, as has been discussed. On a technical level, the MG7 bests the C1 in more than one way, but the C1 still sounds much more fun and enjoyable. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back