PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
Jul 11, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #256 of 1,094
I play a lot of PS3, but I don't actually own the console. I'll be moving and losing my full-time PS3 access not long before the PS4 comes out, so chances are I'll just look for a good deal on a PS3 and play some of the games I haven't finished yet and catch up on some others that I missed out on. I'll probably get one of the next-gen systems eventually, but that'll be at least a year from now.

Jul 11, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #257 of 1,094
Quote:
I play a lot of PS3, but I don't actually own the console. I'll be moving and losing my full-time PS3 access not long before the PS4 comes out, so chances are I'll just look for a good deal on a PS3 and play some of the games I haven't finished yet and catch up on some others that I missed out on. I'll probably get one of the next-gen systems eventually, but that'll be at least a year from now.

That seems to be how I work. I play the last generation as the new one comes out. I'm looking forward to finally playing PS3!

Looking at the petition, I think this is my favorite reason given:

Quote:

If you don't sign this you are gay and you will never be a part of my halo clan.

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #258 of 1,094
Do we know what Persona 5 will be on yet? No? Well I guess I haven't decided yet.

But in all seriousness I'm going with PS4 and not because of the whole Microsoft used games scandal thing. Both my Xbox and Xbox 360 have fallen apart on me over the years and I take real good care of my electronic equipment. My PS2 and PS3 still look great, like used selling great. Both consoles will have similar games I'm sure. Even their exclusives will even themselves out. So based on console life I'll go with PS4. Looks nicer too IMHO

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #259 of 1,094
Quote:
Do we know what Persona 5 will be on yet? No? Well I guess I haven't decided yet.

But in all seriousness I'm going with PS4 and not because of the whole Microsoft used games scandal thing. Both my Xbox and Xbox 360 have fallen apart on me over the years and I take real good care of my electronic equipment. My PS2 and PS3 still look great, like used selling great. Both consoles will have similar games I'm sure. Even their exclusives will even themselves out. So based on console life I'll go with PS4. Looks nicer too IMHO

It is rumored to be a PlayStation exclusive. Judging by previous release habits by Atlus, I'd say it was at least a decent rumor. I'd be completely surprised if it was an Xbox exclusive. Atlus seems to support Nintendo and Sony. (Which makes sense since their core market is really mostly Japanese, and Microsoft isn't very popular over there)

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #260 of 1,094
Quote:

It is rumored to be a PlayStation exclusive. Judging by previous release habits by Atlus, I'd say it was at least a decent rumor. I'd be completely surprised if it was an Xbox exclusive. Atlus seems to support Nintendo and Sony. (Which makes sense since their core market is really mostly Japanese, and Microsoft isn't very popular over there)

I'm just crossing my fingers that it isn't a hand held exclusive like SMT4 was for the 3DS. I prefer playing on a TV. But yeah it will most likely by a Sony exclusive if it is one. But like how P4A was on Xbox and PS it wouldn't surprise me if P5 is on both consoles either.

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #261 of 1,094

On my xbox 360 i got a red ring of death so i sent it in and the xbox they sent back got it again i was sooo pissed!

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #262 of 1,094
Quote:
On my xbox 360 i got a red ring of death so i sent it in and the xbox they sent back got it again i was sooo pissed!

That sucks...

I'm glad that mine got an RRoD before. Well, I wasn't happy at the time but it did come back with an HDMI port that wasn't there before. So it was basically like a free upgrade.

Jul 19, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #263 of 1,094
That presumes Atlus manages to stay in business long enough to release Persona 5. With the way things are going right now, I wouldn't be so sure.

And it would likely be a PS3 or Xbox 360 release, if anything. The Persona games don't do big enough numbers for them to tie them into a new system launch.
Persona 4 came out on the PS2 after the PS3 was on the market for this reason.

Jul 19, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #264 of 1,094
Quote:
That presumes Atlus manages to stay in business long enough to release Persona 5. With the way things are going right now, I wouldn't be so sure.

And it would likely be a PS3 or Xbox 360 release, if anything. The Persona games don't do big enough numbers for them to tie them into a new system launch.

That isn't Atlus so much as Index. Atlus at this point is a brand, and if one company dies another can take up the brand. Atlus as a company ceased 3 years ago. If they do well enough, the share holders might even be able to buy back the brand and relaunch the brand as a company again, or it could be taken up by another company who wants to get into the gaming industry. 

We'll see what happens, though I suspect that we won't see the end of Atlus, considering their popularity in Japan and growing popularity outside of Japan. 

Though, I suspect they will put out at least P5 no matter what. Since they recently acquired the domain for it.

Jul 19, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #265 of 1,094
Quote:

They already acquired a domain name for it so I was just assuming it was because of an impending Persona 5 release. Plus they've been working on this thing since 2011 from what they said so I doubt they can't find  a way to release the game. I think Atlus will be fine.

Jul 20, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #266 of 1,094
I don't want to sound weird but the 24x7 camera creeps me out. Additionally, the media rights issues bother me as I don't want to have to pay additional fees if I want to share something. That seems like a direct effort to squeeze more money out of the consumer. 

Jul 20, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #267 of 1,094
Quote:
I don't want to sound weird but the 24x7 camera creeps me out. Additionally, the media rights issues bother me as I don't want to have to pay additional fees if I want to share something. That seems like a direct effort to squeeze more money out of the consumer. 

Worse, it's a state of the art camera tech able to, but not limited to :
- detect your entire body gesture down to the tiniest movement
- detect your emotion via face recognition
- detect your heart rate (why?)
- listen to room-wide sound even through ambience noise
- see in the dark
- determine how many people are in the room and probably who they are

and it's always on, I dunno about you guys but I don't like the thing at all.

Jul 20, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #268 of 1,094
Quote:

Yeah well, hence the acronym M$

Jul 20, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #269 of 1,094
Quote:

Worse, it's a state of the art camera tech able to, but not limited to :
- detect your entire body gesture down to the tiniest movement
- detect your emotion via face recognition
- detect your heart rate (why?)
- listen to room-wide sound even through ambience noise
- see in the dark
- determine how many people are in the room and probably who they are

and it's always on, I dunno about you guys but I don't like the thing at all.

You can always buy the next-gen console that does not mandate it :) (Which is also probably more powerful out-of-the-box)

Jul 20, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #270 of 1,094
Quote:

You can always buy the next-gen console that does not mandate it :) (Which is also probably more powerful out-of-the-box)

Oh but I am (not buying it), it's just the thought that something like that exist kinda disturb me. Kinect itself is a very interesting piece of gadget if used right, I don't think it's the right device for gaming however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back