PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
Jul 20, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #271 of 1,094
Quote:
Oh but I am (not buying it), it's just the thought that something like that exist kinda disturb me. Kinect itself is a very interesting piece of gadget if used right, I don't think it's the right device for gaming however.

Sure I totally agree with you there.
Also if it wasnt implemented as an always connected device (similarly like the first Kinect) it would be less of an issue.
Definitely a piece of technology that could be used in helpful ways.

Jul 20, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #272 of 1,094
Oh but I am (not buying it), it's just the thought that something like that exist kinda disturb me. Kinect itself is a very interesting piece of gadget if used right, I don't think it's the right device for gaming however.

Kinect needs to be renamed to "Telescreen 1.0"

Jul 20, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #273 of 1,094
Jul 20, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #274 of 1,094
Probably the immediate annoyance of Kinect 2.0 would be the more "relevant" ads MS will deliver to you http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/04/xbox-one-built-with-advertising-in-mind-kinect-integral-to-next-gen-adverts/ the joy.

AFAIK they didn't backpedal on this one (yet).

Jul 22, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #276 of 1,094
Quote:
There is actually rumors that Nintendo is going to buy Atlus. Persona 5 might end up on the Wii U...

hope that its not true. if yes then i might have to consider the wii u too.

Jul 23, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #277 of 1,094
XBOX ONE 
I don't mind having a couple of fat guys watching me thru kinect... As a kid i had the ps1... then the ps2 and xbox came out... i decided to get the xbox for no particular reason and i havent look back ever since... i have played the ps2 and ps3 but i never felt immersed while playing... there was something lacking... probably the control pad...i just dunno... i didn't bought the 360. 

today for me is all about PC... with the 360 gamepad...but i will deffinetly buy the XBOX ONE... cuss there is something interesting about it... maybe the UI...maybe because i hate disc loading errors... 

Jul 24, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #278 of 1,094
[COLOR=0F7D0F]XBOX[/COLOR] [COLOR=222222]ONE [/COLOR]
I don't mind 
having a couple of fat guys 

watching me thru kinect... As a kid i had the ps1... then the ps2 and xbox came out... i decided to get the xbox for no particular reason and i havent look back ever since... i have played the ps2 and ps3 but i never felt immersed while playing... there was something lacking... probably the control pad...i just dunno... i didn't bought the 360. 

today for me is all about PC... with the 360 gamepad...but i will deffinetly buy the XBOX ONE... cuss there is something interesting about it... maybe the UI...maybe because i hate disc loading errors... 

You realize Xbox One does require a disc in the tray in order to play the game?

Also off-topic-according yo the latest news the PS4 will operate at a temperature of 35°V with the processor core frequency up to 2.75GHz. Paired with the solid 1.8TFlops and 8GB GDDR5...
A hard fight for the DDR3,underclocked HD7790 and a probably lower CPU speed.... Just saying.
Also Naughty Dog and other first parties is something.I would never part with :wink:

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #279 of 1,094
Quote:

Also off-topic-according yo the latest news the PS4 will operate at a temperature of 35°V with the processor core frequency up to 2.75GHz. Paired with the solid 1.8TFlops and 8GB GDDR5...
A hard fight for the DDR3,underclocked HD7790 and a probably lower CPU speed.... Just saying.
Also Naughty Dog and other first parties is something.I would never part with
wink.gif

The PS4 also has an HD 7850, which is pretty dang good.

Jul 24, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #280 of 1,094
Quote:

Also Naughty Dog and other first parties is something.I would never part with
wink.gif

Quote:

The PS4 also has an HD 7850, which is pretty dang good.

Said that... More of a modified HD 7870 (1,8 TFlops) but fine :D

Jul 24, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #282 of 1,094
Quote:
XBOX ONE 
I don't mind having a couple of fat guys watching me thru kinect... As a kid i had the ps1... then the ps2 and xbox came out... i decided to get the xbox for no particular reason and i havent look back ever since... i have played the ps2 and ps3 but i never felt immersed while playing... there was something lacking... probably the control pad...i just dunno... i didn't bought the 360. 

I'm less worried about MS watching me so much as the government. 

Jul 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #283 of 1,094
Quote:
There is actually rumors that Nintendo is going to buy Atlus. Persona 5 might end up on the Wii U...

Yeah I saw that, but it wasn't so much a legitimate rumor as it was one website saying Nintendo could buy it if they wanted to. Sure Nintendo COULD buy it, but so could a bunch of other publishers. I'd be surprised if they did honestly. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Jul 24, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #284 of 1,094
Quote:
Yeah I saw that, but it wasn't so much a legitimate rumor as it was one website saying Nintendo could buy it if they wanted to. Sure Nintendo COULD buy it, but so could a bunch of other publishers. I'd be surprised if they did honestly. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

yeah Atlus seems more like a Sony type company than Nintendo, Nintendo being a more family oriented company and Atlus being.....less so.

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #285 of 1,094
yeah Atlus seems more like a Sony type company than Nintendo, Nintendo being a more family oriented company and Atlus being.....less so.
But Atlus wouldn't be out of place if Nintendo bought them from Index. Remember that Nintendo has also been doing stuff like Fire Emblem for a long time (1990 if I recall correctly). Sure, they're nowhere as "dark" and/or "serious" as some of the later stuff by Atlus (they used to do some lighter fare), but still not too far off.

Doubt it'd matter either way. Remember Microsoft buying Bungee (used to do games for Apple) and Rare (used to do games for Nintendo)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back