PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
Jun 11, 2013 at 4:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,094

uchihaitachi

Headphoneus Supremus
Having seen the presentations and the specifications for both consoles, I am leaning towards the PS4. In the past, I have owned both PS and XBOX. Currently I am really enjoying the 360. 

Jun 11, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #3 of 1,094
Quote:
I'd buy the Xbox just for Halo alone, but the whole big brother type monitoring is throwing me off. Might get both. No Wii U though.

I remember having two consoles. One always sat in the corner gathering dust. Halo... Might be a reason enough to buy but I wasn't impressed by Halo 4.

Jun 12, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #4 of 1,094
As an owner of both a 360 and a ps3 I can appreciate the value of both systems. I am going with the PS4 though at launch and pre-ordered mine yesterday!!  PS4 imo is the better value $100 cheaper with better hardware specs not to mention it's region-free,removable hard drive,no DRM, and my main reason why I chose to go against the XBONE was the fact you have to access or be online to play games idiotic move Microsoft.

Jun 12, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #8 of 1,094
Neither.

If I had to pick between the two, PS4 since it's significantly less anti-consumer-rights than the travesty that is the Xbox One and may have exclusives to watch out for, but I'd rather get the Wii U first. At least that's going to have some interesting exclusives down the pipeline for certain.

And even then, I don't feel like the Wii U is worth it right now. Needs a big price drop on the deluxe model and a killer app release (The Wonderful 101 or SSB4 would be sufficient)...just like the 3DS during its first year, really.

Jun 12, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #10 of 1,094
Quote:
PS4 simply because I do buy and sell used games.

Just why? WHY??!!! Would Microsoft come up with the no used games rule. On top of that, just why did they feel the need to make an internet connection within a 24 hour period a necessity to play?

Am I missing some HUGE surprise XBOX one has to compensate for the above?

Jun 12, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #12 of 1,094
Quote:
Because they want you to buy X360 instead.

No kidding

Wow.... Good thing I have the 360. I am surprised that no other big digital juggernauts are participating in the console race. I can only begin to imagine what a Samsung console would be like. 

Jun 12, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #13 of 1,094
PS4 for me, for the same reasons everyone else is getting it over Xbox One...

Very disappointed in Microsoft this gen, I hope they do some backpedaling and become competitive again. I mean I still hope they get a bunch less sales than PS4 so they learn their lesson, but Sony needs the competition so they don't start slacking.

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #15 of 1,094

Users who are viewing this thread

Back