PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
Jul 9, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #242 of 1,094
I love me some Halo and that controller but there are so many reason to jump to PS4. the OS has less of a memory stamp and the hardware of the PS4 is pretty on point. That and Sony makes great single player experiences and that's something I'm attracted to. I love my 360 but that's what I'm thinking right now.
I don't mind the Kinect thing and the price because the more people that own the tech the more risks developers will take. I think its cool MS would take that price risk.

FOR NOW PS4

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #243 of 1,094
In the future, Microsoft's entire PR regarding Xbox One will probably be the case study how NOT to do it.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/04/xbox-one-built-with-advertising-in-mind-kinect-integral-to-next-gen-adverts/

Who wouldn't want an effin VIDEO GAME CONSOLE build with advert in mind right?

Jul 9, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #244 of 1,094
Everyone remembers the DC having VGA output support. The X360 also had official support for VGA out, and the PS2 sorta did (not sure if the PS3 had any VGA out support). I wonder if the PS4 and XB1 will do something similar. Some of us have *quality* computer CRTs that can output 2048x1536 or something close to that, much better than the currently stagnating 1920x1080 standard.

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #245 of 1,094
Quote:
Everyone remembers the DC having VGA output support. The X360 also had official support for VGA out, and the PS2 sorta did (not sure if the PS3 had any VGA out support). I wonder if the PS4 and XB1 will do something similar. Some of us have *quality* computer CRTs that can output 2048x1536 or something close to that, much better than the currently stagnating 1920x1080 standard.

There are many 1920x1200 LCD/LEDs out there! Oh, wait...
Its not like consoles will utilize anything above full HD though.

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #246 of 1,094
Well now I've learned that Persona 5 us coming out as a playstation exclusive. This means I'm definitely getting a PS4.

Jul 10, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #247 of 1,094
Quote:
Well now I've learned that Persona 5 us coming out as a playstation exclusive. This means I'm definitely getting a PS4.

WHAT!!!!! source?!?!?!?1

Jul 10, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #248 of 1,094
Quote:

WHAT!!!!! source?!?!?!?1

Still in rumor phase, but considering how they've released Persona in the past, I'd say it's a fairly reliable rumor...

http://www.examiner.com/article/persona-5-and-the-last-guardian-ps4-rumored-details-revealed

Jul 10, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #249 of 1,094
Didn't like MS's arrogant attitude towards their customers. Also don't like nor want the Kinect.
PS4 it is!

Jul 10, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #250 of 1,094
Quote:

There are many 1920x1200 LCD/LEDs out there! Oh, wait...
Its not like consoles will utilize anything above full HD though.

Well, there's movies.

Some simple games could take advantage of high resolutions as well. Just nothing with AAA graphics.

Jul 10, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #253 of 1,094
Quote:

They are in the minority... They changed because they met with huge backlash. Even at E3 when Sony took jabs at them, the whole crowd responded positively. I don't think MS at any point received even a small portion of the response that Sony did when they said the words "There are no restrictions on used games." Then there was that letter from the service member, which probably pushed them over the edge with all those decisions... 

Regardless of true intent or not, or what possibilities those features would have had, they went about it in the wrong way and in the end paid for it with a PR nightmare.

Jul 10, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #254 of 1,094
I'm pretty sure most of the people signing that *cough*includingme*cough* are trolling.

Just look at the reasons given.
tongue.gif

Jul 11, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #255 of 1,094
Quote:
I'm pretty sure most of the people signing that *cough*includingme*cough* are trolling.

Just look at the reasons given.
tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted on Change.org /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love restrictions. I want always online DRM. I want the game rental business to become obsolete. I don't want to let my friends borrow games, because ****** them. All I care about is my god damn new age console that'll blow everything else out of the water! ****** the PS4 and ****** those Sony guys for catering to fans who care about their gaming experience. ****** PC, that crap is stupid. Steam? ****** that crap. They never have sales or anything. It's not as affordable as buying my games from the XBL marketplace. I love Microsoft and their business practices will be the best forever. ****** yes. <3 Xbox.

....I think you are absolutely right. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back