PS Audio GCHA = Aural Bliss
Jun 12, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #61 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
those of you that own this can you please answer a question?

does yours have large silver "feet" on the bottom like the picture on ps audio's site? or does yours have little rubber feet?

thanks,
music_man

Mine has the rubber feet and I bought it early this year. I have DH jumbo and squares placed underneath and it responds well I heard some improvement.

Jun 13, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #62 of 90
i guess older ones had the large silver feet. the rubber probably isolates better but does not look as good. i would rather have had the silver ones and put sorbothane pucks underneath.

music_man

Jun 22, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #63 of 90
have any of you with the gcha noticed that your 1/4" plug wiggles around in it's jack? the jack on the gcha is slightly larger than the plugs. not what i expect on higher end equipment. it makes fine contact so i don't even know if it matters. it is just irksome.

music_man

Jun 26, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #65 of 90
All of my headphones fit in tightly.

Jun 26, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #66 of 90
Double M,

Quote:

have any of you with the gcha noticed that your 1/4" plug wiggles around in it's jack? the jack on the gcha is slightly larger than the plugs. not what i expect on higher end equipment. it makes fine contact so i don't even know if it matters. it is just irksome.

music_man

Hasn't been an issue with my cans - in fact, the opposite. They all fit quite snuggly
cool.gif

Cheers,
Garry

Jun 27, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #68 of 90
Mine is a little looser than some other amps I have, but the plug does not really wiggle around. It can rotate a little if I walk around with the headphones on.

Jun 27, 2007 at 7:49 AM Post #69 of 90
it makes solid contact. i can push the plug side to side. so that the outside of the plug is noticeably tilted. that can't be right. i'd say the jack is about 1/25 of an inch larger than the plugs. for comparison, most of my jacks do not have any movement at all. they are also much harder to push in and remove the plug. i guess i will just replace the jack with a better one now.

anyways, this thing sounds amazing to me.

music_man

Jun 27, 2007 at 8:41 AM Post #70 of 90
no problems with jack here............

Jul 12, 2007 at 1:37 PM Post #72 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by shiosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine has the rubber feet and I bought it early this year. I have DH jumbo and squares placed underneath and it responds well I heard some improvement.

How would the feet on a SS amp alter the sound?

Jul 13, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #73 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How would the feet on a SS amp alter the sound?

Sorry, didn't see your question until now. How the feet on a SS amp alter the sound, to me it's a "mystery", and with my limited experience I could not offer you a better answer. Any experts???
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, the DH cones add a little warmth to the sound to my liking, also cleaner background, and then I used it with the DH squares, it gets even more liquid-flowing like, the music just flow and I was in heaven. Placebo effect? I am not sure but I did try other isolation footers like feet of silence or unicones underneath GCHA, it was not good and I immediately took them away.

I was pretty skeptical about these isolation stuffs until I tried them. Now I am using a better rack and any of the isolation footers I placed underneath the GHCA it sounds worst, dynamic gone, no more air, very hard sounding, no emotion, and you name it. IMHO, the GCHA is an amp that responds well to the isolation tweaks or sensitive to a change of power cords. Other headphone amps (corda HA2 mkII, RPX-33, original master..) I own or had owned with these tweaks I could not hear much difference.

Feb 21, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #74 of 90
it's been a while. anybody still like this amp? since i've been upgraded my headphone, dt880 600 ohm. i want to upgrade my amp as well. does this amp have enough juice for my headphone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back