Proof that the average consumer can't tell the difference
Oct 31, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #256 of 306

Quote:
Care to join me in the Fuze+ Sushi thread?  
wink_face.gif

"Who here likes Sushi?  I'm a big Hamachi guy myself."

Hahahahahaha! +1,000,000 internets for this!

Dec 8, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #264 of 306

amp2xpand said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really tried to give the beats a chance by listening to them a few times, i believe that they are not the worst headphones i've ever heard. But i probably wouldn't even buy them if they were sold for $30. All I hear is ear aching bass. I get better sound out of my koss portapros.

I do know some people buy them as fashion statement. Apparently some people buy them because they think it looks good. The average consumer also concludes that more bass = better sound quality.  

It is just the solution for my problem, It's comprehensive, Now I got it, Thanks for your analysis!

Dec 8, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #265 of 306
guess I'm officially not an average consumer...my comp recently died (hard drive is fine, 100gbs of lossless music are safe) but I'm without a computer (well, not really, but I'm without my music files) don't ask what happened to my ipod...i somehow fudged up while transferring the files to my alternative comp and now the files are gone. anywho, until I transfer the files succesfully, I'm stuck with a bunch of youtube videos as my main source of music, surprisingly, listening to the same songs, I instantly realized how bad they actually sound in comparison. In the past, when I did a comparison side by side (not exactly the same 128 mp3 vs lossless) i could barely tell the difference, but with youtube video's it's a night and day difference which makes me wonder what bit rate they upload the files as. BTW this isn't the placebo effect at work. when i played a youtube file, I didn't expect to hear a difference (too desperate for music to care) and it hit me on the head like a mallet

Dec 8, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #266 of 306
I don't think the average consumer gives a S@#T. Basicly there in it for the LOGO and branding and could really care about what we do, SQ. It's a shame to see people with mainstream gear that cost a fortune when they're missing out on so much more that could be had: SQ
biggrin.gif
. And in some instances for a better price. The funny thing is, the mainstreamers will argue they have the best because of the LOGO on it, no sense in arguing with someone thats brainwashed either.JMO

Dec 8, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #268 of 306

Quote:
I don't think the average consumer gives a S@#T. Basicly there in it for the LOGO and branding and could really care about what we do, SQ. It's a shame to see people with mainstream gear that cost a fortune when they're missing out on so much more that could be had: SQ
biggrin.gif
. And in some instances for a better price. The funny thing is, the mainstreamers will argue they have the best because of the LOGO on it, no sense in arguing with someone thats brainwashed either.JMO

yup....and it appears most of the consumers have been brain washed...and quite successfully

Dec 8, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #269 of 306

Agreed. It's like when i was in high school( 88-92), you wasn't popular unless you wore a certain brand of clothes or shoes or hung out with certain people. I think mainstream gear is more of a fashion statement then anything. A complete joke IMO.
Quote:
If people would do some googling before buying headphones the beats would def lose a lot of customers. the problem is getting people to google about headphones lol

Dec 8, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #270 of 306
My ultrasone's just grew legs and beat me up for reading that, this guy has no idea what he's doing....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back