Proof that the average consumer can't tell the difference
Dec 9, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #301 of 306

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think it's fair to compare noise canceling headphones to non-noise canceling headphones, so much of the cost goes into the NC that yoru really left with $100 headphones when you listen to the beats.

Against other NC headphones would be a better comparison cause then the prices would be much closer and the quality similiar.

I agree with this... but as I mentioned previously, Beats Solo is nothing special. Actually, it really is quite crappy.

yeah, the sound cancelling system isn't the best out there, apparently it "overcompensates"

Dec 9, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #302 of 306
No the Solo is absolute crap but the sttudios aren't that bad. I'd say they are $100-150 range, $50 for the cable, $100 for the NC. For the average consumer they are what they want, for us though we don't need NC and a push to talk cable.

Dec 9, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #303 of 306

Quote:
No the Solo is absolute crap but the sttudios aren't that bad. I'd say they are $100-150 range, $50 for the cable, $100 for the NC. For the average consumer they are what they want, for us though we don't need NC and a push to talk cable.

the main issue is the build quality and the sound sig...it just doesn't fit with most audiophiles.

Dec 9, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #304 of 306

Quote:
Quote:

the main issue is the build quality and the sound sig...it just doesn't fit with most audiophiles.

Actually I found the sound signature to be decent, it did the low in well, not everpowering, not muddy. The Highs were pronounced and quiett detailed with a slight smooth warmth to them.

The Midss were recessed but so is every closed back headphone to an extent. They are good for twhat they are not what they cost. Like I said the biggest problem is all the extra cost that goes to features no audiophiile cares for.

If they cost $100 and were built a bit better we'd have another headphone in the ring for the best $100 headphone I know that for a fact.

The Beats Pro, which I A/B'd right next to the Studio's actually sound WORSE, but are bui;lt so much better. The fit was loose on my head and I had to press it onto my ears to get a decent sound from. The Build quality is to blame for the fit isssues as they aren't flexible as plastic would be.

Right next to those two was the Solo's and they were broken in 2 peices, really sums it up.

Dec 9, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #305 of 306

Quote:
The Beats aren't as bad as many people make it out to be.

A lot of people prefer it because of its sound signature.

all i herd was super slow muddy bass, and someone hissing into my ear, no mids what so ever.

Dec 9, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #306 of 306

Quote:
Quote:
The Beats aren't as bad as many people make it out to be.

A lot of people prefer it because of its sound signature.

all i herd was super slow muddy bass, and someone hissing into my ear, no mids what so ever.

have you been listening to grados cans again? your hearing gets used to a specific sound sig after a while, and if you don't listen to it for a while, it seems to reset.BTW, nothing wrong with grados, just saying that can influence your opinion on the sound sig you heard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back