Project Ember Review
Nov 11, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #76 of 1,366
I promise there will be no more PMs to you Razer, could you just post one single reply on this thread here and I promise that is the last :frowning2:

Nov 12, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #78 of 1,366
Dude..Seriously how much more annoying can you be? Your silly comments here and on Headfonia make you a look like a total ******. Nobody cares what you have owned earlier. Comments like "This brand totally blew off another brand" or "I have a lot of experience with swan and audioengine" or even "360p rip movies!!?" What), are dumb. Owning a couple of speakers or amps doesn't make you an audiophile guru or whatever. You even comment on equipment that you do not own ***.

So before inciting people to blindly buy speakers, etc you must understand that sound is subjective. Also stop p**sing people off with pms. You're embarassing enough on Headfonia. Instead of wasting your own money on buying equipment based solely on reviews..Go to meets, shops to listen and audition.

PS: Your posts on adding an amp to a wireless RS170 headphone were epic
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/683298/do-i-need-an-amp
WUT!?

I am not trolling you, but please sensible enough to stop it

Nov 12, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #79 of 1,366
  Dude..Seriously how much more annoying can you be? Your silly comments here and on Headfonia make you a look like a total ******. Nobody cares what you have owned earlier. Comments like "This brand totally blew off another brand" or "I have a lot of experience with swan and audioengine" or even "360p rip movies!!?" What), are dumb. Owning a couple of speakers or amps doesn't make you an audiophile guru or whatever. You even comment on equipment that you do not own ***.

So before inciting people to blindly buy speakers, etc you must understand that sound is subjective. Also stop p**sing people off with pms. You're embarassing enough on Headfonia. Instead of wasting your own money on buying equipment based solely on reviews..Go to meets, shops to listen and audition.

biggrin.gif

WUT!?

That thread made my day
popcorn.gif

Nov 13, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #80 of 1,366
Back on topic a bit, bar any unexpected circumstances I shall be attending the Headphone open day at HiFi Lounge (UK) this Saturday. I'm planning on bringing along my Ember (I'll probably stick the Telefunken's in there as I know them the best right now) and will be trying a range of fairly high end headphones (my first chance to listen to the HD 800 and TH 900 hopefully). Also if you are in the lower UK you should definitely head along.

Nov 16, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #84 of 1,366
Well went to the HiFi Lounge Headphone day meet. Brought along my Ember tubes in tow...forgot the power supply...

Sorry guys, let you down... I feel so stupid, and sad because I know I won't be owning the SR007's anytime soon...

Nov 28, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #85 of 1,366

biggrin.gif

WUT!?

That thread made my day
popcorn.gif

Alas, now I am on his PM list....poop! I don't respond and he goes away. If only I could figure a reply that would blow his computer up. I'll say one thing...he's tenacious, but that is not always a good thing. Does he even understand half of the terms he is "using"?

He is invading other forums and getting the same responses.

Nov 28, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #86 of 1,366
It sucks that he's doing it. Some people don't take the Ember seriously around here because of his absurd reviews and he's killing the willingness of anyone who owns the Ember to respond to any questions about it for fear of being spammed by him which only hurts the amount of information out about it more.

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #88 of 1,366
  It sucks that he's doing it. Some people don't take the Ember seriously around here because of his absurd reviews and he's killing the willingness of anyone who owns the Ember to respond to any questions about it for fear of being spammed by him which only hurts the amount of information out about it more.

He stopped on the Ember for now. Ember owners rejoice!! Unfortunately he's got a new toy:some Asus DAC/Amp...and he wrote, that these should be left to people with money like him
redface.gif
Anyways the Ember certainly deserves more love, even if I'm not fan of the design

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #89 of 1,366
Just purchased a Project Ember tuesday, and am eager to get started with it.  I did ALOT of research on tube amps in particular, and the ember seems to fit the bill.  I like the support that is offered the fact that is US based is a plus, for obvious reasons, least of which is being able to have it repaired with out international shipping and delays.  The design is different and pleasing, which was the reason it pushed me over the edge from the crack amp.  That one just  is not appealing to me at all.  Personal choice, and I am having it built in house, so that should eliminate errors that could delay the enjoyment of the amp itself.  

Nov 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #90 of 1,366

He has been the bain of DIY Audio Heaven and has been doing exactly the same nonsense there. In fact, threads got totally disrupted and destroyed because of him. He's a damned nuisance and I would be glad to see the back of him following him trying to be 'funny' with me. Trying to be nice didn't work and he continued until in the end he accused me of being a bully because as admin, I had had enough with complaints from other members about him.

His reviews are hopeless meaningless twaddle that compares everything with everything and in the end means absolutely nothing. He was banned from Headfi I notice for a short while and was close to a permanent ban from DIYAH.but thankfully, he's leaving us alone nowadays. I'd rather he just disappeared from DIYAH but once more and he's gone.

He has indeed done damage to potential sales of equipment based on his idiotic sweeping statements which is a little worrying in that it shows the power of the internet and how such people can gain power through it in spite of their ignorance. When he caused us grief on DIYAH, I even pm'd him saying so and that he needed to be a little more careful in what he said about equipment on an internet site.

I am absolutely AMAZED that Frans was able to put up with his stupidity considering Frans designed it and is one of the other admins on the site along with myself and Javier. Frans took it on the chin and showed way more patience than I did I can tell you.

The great thing about the Ember as one of the guys above said, is that you can obtain them in the USA so no International stuff going on for you. Jeremy will bend over backwards as far as customer satisfaction goes and I know that he's not exactly ripping people off with the cost of these amps.

If you like the sound of a tube amp plus a massive amount of power offering enormous headroom for your headphones, easily swapped tubes with self-biasing, configurable output impedance and a sensitivity input switch, plus the fact that you can bypass input capacitors if you want .... what else is there?

If you don't like an open frame (Actually I like it), then you can easily put it into an enclosure. It doesn't even get that hot.

This amp is really good and I am surprised at the low key description etc on Headfi since it's a USA based amp, although designed by Frans in the Netherlands. He's also available for INSTANT feedback on any issue at DIYAH and he has the patience of a saint!!!! Perhaps as admin, I'm bad cop, he's good cop. :wink:

He is FULL of ideas and has even helped people to make the speakers go off with a simple mod to the design if they wish to use it as a pre amp. He's helped  to change the gain... all kinds of things. This is one amp that works really well, with great customer support from Jeremy and massive technical support from Frans on DIYAH.

Plus some newer ideas just being invented for anyone to contribute to ..... a portable amp dedicated to the headphone that you use by including an enclosed filter that will get the headphone as close to neutral as possible!!! How about that for an idea? He's using DIYAH to ask people exactly what they'd like included on such an amp on the site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back