Project Ember Review
Dec 21, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #106 of 1,366
  I have Ember, PS2 and Starlight so here goes:

gawdd i'm soo jealoussss!!!

thanks for that informative description :)

Dec 21, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #107 of 1,366
I've enjoyed reading this thread, sounds like a winner of an amp and a loser of a banned techboy lol

I have a few "open" amps (posts and plexi) and as such my preference would be a closed in case for the ember. not to sound crazy lol but in my mind I can picture a black box with a channel for a slider lid ( for lack of a better way to put it) that can slide in on top from the rear with a cut out tube hole and perhaps a few vent holes (lid made of plexi glass) with a tube cage attached. more protected, less interference perhaps and still can see the parts.

speaking of interference, how it is with the ember?

I have NO clue where I could find a case to fit this thing. has anyone actually put it in a case? if so please a linky to purchase page of site that sells it.

Dec 22, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #108 of 1,366
I've had protos of all three, and as far as interference goes, they're not bad. The Sunrise was a bit noisy when I first got it but Jeremy did some minor mods following my comments which seems to have cut it out. Never had it with Horizon or Ember and after mods, it also stopped with the Sunrise.

Ember would be good in a box. It generates so little heat. I guess Sunrise and Ember could be attached to external heatsink.

Dec 22, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #109 of 1,366
Dec 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #110 of 1,366
thx ian, connie.

good news on interference, or should I say lack there of ? hehe

case. that is somewhat like I was thinking, (and actually the photo that gave me the idea :p )

just picture that black top in photo being clear plexi that could slide into top and the main case having sides  . I think that would look friggin awesome actually :D

perhaps I should hit up "mr wizzard"  over at DIYAH for the source and dimensions of this case.

if I can obtain this info I will share it here for others.

Peace

Dec 22, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #111 of 1,366
Sounds like a plan.  I like the idea of the acrilic top and I prefer to have the power switch in front.  
An all clear case sounds good too.  Get to work, now!!!

Dec 22, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #112 of 1,366
  Sounds like a plan.  I like the idea of the acrilic top and I prefer to have the power switch in front.  
An all clear case sounds good too.  Get to work, now!!!

+1 on TRANSPARENT case!!!! that would be ballerrr status

Dec 22, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #113 of 1,366
all I could get so far is that case was sourced about 25 or 30 years ago, and the tube cage is a custom job. still working on getting dimensions, will share them once I have them , or should if say when AND IF i have them :)

perhaps those that have one here an share the dimensions of the pcb, to start from there?

Dec 22, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #114 of 1,366
Dec 22, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #116 of 1,366
Not for me, my smart phone is not smart enough to emit phone calls let alone EF.

Dec 22, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #118 of 1,366
Only when the phone is beside it. Also depends how far away the mast is.

how close is "besides it?" directly against it? semi-near it? on the same table? in the same room?

lol 
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 22, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #120 of 1,366
I am here to serve, more than I can say for the stupid phone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back