Project Ember Review
Nov 6, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #1,366 of 1,366
My friend who had both Ember and Polaris said they have different strengths, but ultimately Ember is better for him.

Polaris has more bass and better extension, but Ember has more of that 3D tubeness and better sense of space lol. That being said I'm buying Solstice since I have easy to drive headphone (25 Ohm) also as the last few posts mentioned it sounds like Solstice is better if you have easy to drive headphone and Ember has more power for harder to drive headphone.

From what I gathered is that:

Starlight = Entry level

Sunrise = Class A, work for 32-300 Ohm
Horizon = Class A, work for 120-600 Ohm

Solstice = Auto bias, 1W max output
Ember = Auto bias, 2.4W max ouput

Polaris = Solid State, 2.4W max output

Sunrise / Horizon has different topology and will sound more different to Solstice / Ember. If you're coming from Polaris then closest is probably Ember. Also only Ember and Solstice has auto bias, I'm sticking with that because I'm lazy LOL.

Refer to this guide:
http://www.garage1217.com/G1217PRODUCTS/Guide/Comparison Guide.pdf

I've had Polaris and sold it, also demoed Ember for 2 weeks before. 2-3 years later now buying Solstice, confusing story I know LOL.

Otherwise you could probably shoot Jeremy a message, he's been super helpful and replies fast lol.

That is helpful, thanks.

I have noticed something odd: Polaris+Qutest+HD660S = large "holographic" sensation. I suppose this is what people mean by holographic. It seems like the soundstage is almost hd800 style huge. I just took out the hd600 and it sounds absolutely nothing like this. the 660S in this setup is a golden headphone, completely and utterly better because of this huge staging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back